Which to sell: Gen 1 or Gen 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sharkman

Reaction score
I have a "first world problem" I need help with. I have (2) Raptors: a 2012 SVT with 65000 miles and a 2019 Raptor with 35000 miles. I no longer need both trucks so I need to part with one of them.

I LOVE the Gen 1 body but the Gen 2 has so many more options than the Gen 1. My Gen 2 is 100% fully loaded, including the Ricaro seats. Could I live without the options (blind spot detection, adaptive cruise control, front camera, digital speedometer, rear 360 degree camera, the upgraded display, etc)? Absolutely - no question. the Gen 1 doesn't have any of those options, which is fine...it has a kick-ass V8 and an awesome sounding exhaust.

What are your all thoughts? Which truck should I sell?

pjbeats

Reaction score
I am in the same boat. Full load 2014 and full load 2019. My current thinking is to keep the Gen 1 forever. I am driving it once every 2 weeks currently and using the Gen 2 as my everyday vehicle. I have a deposit on an R and will see where that takes me. If I get it I will sell the Gen 2 and drive the R for a while and see what happens. I plan to fall back on the Gen 1 as my vehicle in retirement because its Dead Sexy and cool AF. If I dont get the R I will likely upgrade the Gen 2 to a used or new Gen 3 or a Lightning for a daily driver until I stop working in a few years. Then its the Gen 1 to the country club and trail heads!!! Thats the loose game plan anyways. I dont think you will ever regret keepin the Gen 1 as it is rare and only getting more rare. Peeps always point and stare and want to stop and talk about the 2014. No one gives a rats ass about the Gen 2 from my personal experience. Dont get me wrong, the Gen 2 is awesome for the upgraded tech, but just not the same presence.