Which tire to buy? Toyo mt or nitto mt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
35" Toyo MT and 20" Fuel Hostages would be the exact wheel/tire setup I'd put on my Raptor if I had it. I say go for it.

Unless you can find a comparable tire that will weigh less. Less unsprung weight will save you mpg's and mph's.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
How often are you guys with the Toyos rotating? With each oil change? That's when I normally do mine but didn't know if I'd get more life out of them if I rotate more frequently.

I have about 10K miles on this set and they look outstanding!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How often are you guys with the Toyos rotating? With each oil change? That's when I normally do mine but didn't know if I'd get more life out of them if I rotate more frequently.

When I did mine, I tried to do them religiously every 5000 miles when I changed my oil. But once they started cupping (because Nissan let me drive on broken struts for 9 months, NOTHING wrong with Toyo's tires) I kinda got lazy and did it every 10. Still got almost 40K miles out of them even with them being chewed up on the front.

I'd say every 3-6K you're golden.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
stock 97.5 total for 4 is 390 lbs

aftermarket setup 118 is 472 lbs

difference of 82 lbs

Is 82 lbs gonna make that big of a differnence in performance?

That's 20 pounds a wheel. Even if you don't notice it your truck's suspension , steering and brakes will notice it for sure.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You won't be disappointed with that wheel and tire set-up! But, imo, you definitely wont notice any performance loss. The 6.2 is super powerful and you have 4.10 gears from the factory. Steering and drivertrain performance shouldn't be too adversely affected either, if you were stepping up to say 37's then you would have some problems while offroading.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I always rotate at 5k and rotate with a balance at 10k. This has helped me out the most. I've got 25k on my Mud grapplers with over half the thread left. The balancing for aggressive tires is the key some forget.

jnall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Toyo Open Country MT and love them. When I was shopping for tires, I was leaning towards an AT tread as I didn't want the noise, rough ride and accelerated tread wear that MTs typically have. I've always had BFG Ats on many trucks and they've always served me well but they don't make the BFG AT in a true 35/12.50/17 size and a buddy recommended the Toyos.

I decided, against my better judgement, to give them a shot and I'm really glad that I did. The Toyos are *slightly* noiser than the OEM BFGs, ride slightly rougher, but look really aggressive. And they perform very well in the dirt....almost unstoppable. Unless you're in gumbo mud I can't imagine riding on a more aggressive MT tire which would suck on road (which, let's face it, is where we spend most of our time driving). And the Toyos seem to be wearing fairly well too...for a MT.

On a wheel with some negative offset, they look killer, IMO.

img3695800x600.jpg
What tire pressure for the Toyo?????

freerob

Reaction score
im looking for a good sand tire for the beach has anybody tried the Nitto Dune Grappler's