Which supercharger to buy??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is super charger good for Offroad use? I will be driving it in fine dirt and will need air box sealed good!

Give Whipple a call!

They have Whippled Raptor owners that are in the race circuit.
I don't know who they are and if they are even on these forums.

Closing up the air filter may not be a solution for the Whipple SC but adding a sock over the filter is a good idea.

Figuring out how to keep the air flow up with a closed box and some pretty massive intake tubes is not going to be easy.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
image_zps7616f041.jpg

Pretty certain this truck is considered to be the current "Holly Grail" of raptors... And that's not a Whipple...

(Chris Ross Luxury Raptor)

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everyone's entitled to their opinion when it comes to SC.

Chris's Raptor is damn near a trophy truck.

But the question was dirt and SC and I don't believe Chris is running a closed intake filter housing.

Last edited:

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everyone's entitled to their opinion when it comes to SC.

Chris's Raptor is damn near a trophy truck.

But the question was dirt and SC and I don't believe Chris is running a closed intake filter housing.

Very true, this isn't the first time I've seen this debate.

Last I checked he was running an UMP.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Chris's Raptor is the one with the intake tube facing towards the front?

If that was his then, My bad.

There is a discussion about the UMP and Whipple and it was determined that it would not work for a Whippled Raptor.

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From an engineering stand point the Whipple is superior... Gear driven shafts are stronger and the forward facing intake is also more efficient. Flat out if you plan to take the truck to the next level youll want the whipple. Larger blower displacement and more power potential.

Not dogging on the TVS blower but its only competitive to the whipple on a stock motor. If you want to go stroker youll see the whipple will take an advantage on large displacement forged motors.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

^ get an UMP. I love my Roush charger :rocking:

I think MTF already said this but we are not sure if the UMP will flow enough to keep up.

Last edited:

FatalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you guys paying for the superchargers? I've flirted with idea of getting one but not at $7-8 thousand. My Tundra's s/c was $5200 and I installed it myself. Any good deals out there?