Which Stage Roush?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all- I'm considering purchasing a 2014 with a Roush supercharger. I've seen that they were offered in a couple of stages. How would I determine which it has? It does have an air to water intercooler, if that indicates anything.

Anything else I should be aware of, or look for? The truck has 74k miles. I have no idea at what point the SC was added. There is not a tuner that comes with it. I'm also wondering how I would determine what tune it has. The person who has it bought it already installed, so has no idea.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does it have Roush serial number stickers in the door Jams and one under the hood?
If it does its is a Factory Roush (Built from new at Roush) All factory Roush's were Stage 2. I believe that happened by the end of 2012.

Look to see if the SC pulley is a 75mm, the stage 1 had an 80mm if I remember correctly.
Probably has the Roush tune in it if there is no SCT X4 with the truck and no information from previous owner.
I could give you a hint of what tune I think it is by driving it, the Roush tune is shit...lol
JDM tune is a noticeable difference from Roush and most Roush SC guys run that tune. There are tunes from 5Star and a couple others but most guys just run JDM cuz it works.
I have not seen/felt a custom tune that had the drive-ability that the JDM has.. Makes sense since Jim at JDM used to write the programs for Ford..lol

As for stuff to look for/do
1. always run good fuel. 93 if you can get it
2. Spark plug change to NGK LT7IX (6510) When Roush adds the blower they leave the stock plugs in and they are a heat range too hot!
3. Tune. I prefer JDM, but the tune will help a bunch of things, like transmission etc.
4. keep the air filter clean. I ditched the oiled filter for a Dry element. Helps keep MAF meter oil free

Last edited:
OP
OP
FatBuoy

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Makes sense. No badging, so I would assume it was added at a later date. Is the 75mm or 80mm stamped on the pulley somewhere?

OP
OP
FatBuoy

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you happen to know how to determine if the Roush package was installed at the dealership at the time of purchase (an actual Roush Raptor) or installed afterward? It has no badging, as the whole truck has been kevlar coated.

BoostedToy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There will be a serial number on the front passenger door jam with the year (13-XXXX or 14-XXXX).

OP
OP
FatBuoy

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There will be a serial number on the front passenger door jam with the year (13-XXXX or 14-XXXX).
They Kevlar coated the door jams as well, since they changed the color from black to white. Would I be able to run the VIN somehow to tell?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They Kevlar coated the door jams as well, since they changed the color from black to white. Would I be able to run the VIN somehow to tell?
If it was upfitted before being sold, Roush may have a record of the VIN. In the Ford system it will just show up as a standard Raptor since Roush is an aftermarket package.

OP
OP
FatBuoy

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was upfitted before being sold, Roush may have a record of the VIN. In the Ford system it will just show up as a standard Raptor since Roush is an aftermarket package.
Yep, just spoke with them. There are one of two scenarios. Either they are sent to Roush for the upfitting, or the dealer orders the Roush package and they install it. Either way, Roush has a record with the VIN. This one was upfitted by the dealer. Thanks again for the help!