Which rims?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrevorR

Reaction score
Just picked up my new to me Raptor and it came with 1st Gen Raptor wheels and studded tires. The tires are going to need to be replaced soon but I have just located a full set of factory forged rims with K02s for a bit more ($800) than just new tires alone. Just trying to get some opinions on whether or not I should spend the money on the "proper" rims or just keep the Gen 1 rims and get new tires. Thanks in advance!
20190202_153334.jpg 20190205_085423.jpg

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I personally think the forged wheels look amazing on magnetic trucks; that's the route I would go.

Those Gen 1 wheels don't look bad on your truck, though.

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$800 bucks is a deal for take off oem forged wheels and tires for the gen 2.

I have been looking for a 6th spare and I have seen them go for $350 for 1 wheel/tire.

If you were able to wait and spend more green I personally think the 2019 forged wheels would look sweet as well.

Decisions decisions...

OP
OP
TrevorR

TrevorR

Reaction score
$800 bucks is a deal for take off oem forged wheels and tires for the gen 2.

I have been looking for a 6th spare and I have seen them go for $350 for 1 wheel/tire.

If you were able to wait and spend more green I personally think the 2019 forged wheels would look sweet as well.

Decisions decisions...

My post wasn't all that clear. Tires alone will cost me $1900 CAD, the set of 5 forged rims and tires (new, takeoffs), is $2700 CAD. so for the extra $800, I'd get 5 rims and tires which still seems like a great deal. I'd love the 2019 rims but we don't see a lot of Raptor parts for sale where I am so it might be a while and I really want to get the studded tires of the truck.