GEN 2 Which plug should I go with Sp 550 or Sp578?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wender85

Reaction score
I’m sorry if this has been posted in the past but I have looked up and down this thread and others. Im about to hit 20,000 miles and i want to change my plugs. My Raptor is stock other then an oil catch can, Borla ATK exhaust, and a drop in k&n filter. The reason why I thought about swapping them is because I have been hearing a very loud pop from time to time on deceleration coming out of my exhaust. As well as slight performance loss. I keep seeing different things about different types of plugs for our trucks and all I’m trying to do is purchase the best one for my truck with my set up. The sp578 are the direct replacement now but I can order the SP550. Please help me out I plan on doing this tomorrow afternoon thanx.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SP542's are the colder plug many have gone to, if my memory is correct the stock plug part# for the Raptor may have changed but not this one? There was some confusion there....at any rate, most of the tuner/performance vendors advertising here sell em. I purchased from MPT - ask what they recommend. My truck is tuned, but even when stock swapping out around 10-12k miles I noticed less sputtering, noticeably smoother idle, smoother acceleration - again less "stuttering" or hesitation @ WOT. I think running 93 octane in sport mode + SP542s is as close to getting a "warrantied tune" as you'll get lol

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the consensus still 28 on the gap? Or 26.

I see ORA sells the same plugs pregapped for $89. But says .26 in title but .28 in description.