Which is the best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NodakSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am new to this forum. I have been lurking a while and am planning to get myself a raptor pretty soon. My budget is about 33k. I have been looking at 2010s and 2011s. These are the 4 that I have narrowed it down to. Being that I am in North Dakota these are few and far between to find. The closest one in my price range is 3 hours away. With that said its kind of hard for me to go and look at them all then decide. Here are the ones I am thinking about. I would appreciate your opinions on which would be the best! It will mainly be a daily driver but will definitely see some dirt back roads. I used to have a 94 Cobra and an 04 Cobra, I am looking to get back into a SVT. Right now I'm driving a lifted 98 Jeep Cherokee. Thanks!

This one is the cheapest, lowest miles, and closest. I am not a fan of the extra chrome stuff that was added on. I suppose I could always remove it or try that as a bargaining tool.
Used 2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor

This is the next closest one about 6.5 hours from me.
2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab at Morrie's Chippewa Valley Mazda in Chippewa Falls, WI

This one is about 8 hours from me. Does this one appear to have a check engine light?
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/681505602/overview/

This one is the farthest with the most miles
https://www.carstory.com/detail/2011-ford-f_150-addison_il-1FTFW1R63BFD26607

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your personal choice but if you end up buying one, negotiate brand new tires. The tires that are on all of them are absolete discontinued BFG. You figure a set of fresh tires will set you back $1100 to $1200.
Go with the Screw if you need extra space if you do not need it Scab has plenty of space as it is and better for offroad.

OP
OP
N

NodakSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your personal choice but if you end up buying one, negotiate brand new tires. The tires that are on all of them are absolete discontinued BFG. You figure a set of fresh tires will set you back $1100 to $1200.
Go with the Screw if you need extra space if you do not need it Scab has plenty of space as it is and better for offroad.

Thanks for the response. I was thinking about the tire situation as well. The Molten Orange one for sure looked like it needs tires. That is quite a bit I would have to spend for tires. I would prefer the Screw but I guess for my needs its not completely necessary.

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I live in Madison and can look at the white one there if you want another pair of eyes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you plan to park your new Raptor inside a garage? If so, and if your garage is of normal dimensions, there is a very good chance that a SCREW won't fit. Measure your garage.

Crash33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st one is closest, lowest miles, cheapest, and the right color. Chrome comes off easily. You're going to go get new rims and tires anyway so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

I'd pick the black one if it checks out OK.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I was thinking about the tire situation as well. The Molten Orange one for sure looked like it needs tires. That is quite a bit I would have to spend for tires. I would prefer the Screw but I guess for my needs its not completely necessary.
I am very partial to Molten Orange
WRAP 001.jpg