Which Hard Bed Cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I purchase this 2019 Raptor I'm going to quickly need a bed cover. What is the best foldable/rollable cover? Attributes to each design? Thank you.....

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Folding: Bak MX4
Rolling: Bak Revolver X4
Retractable: RetraxPRO MX or RetraxPRO XR

Folding takes up no bed space, but blocks your back window when open. Rolling doesn't take up bed space or block the window, however, the metal slats are covered in soft vinyl. Retractable has a canister so you lose some bed space.

All three of the above are on sale and have various mail-in rebates, so please let us know if we can help get you set up!

NHbeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are near NH, I have a Bak Revolver X4 not being used. Make me an offer. It was on the truck for a few months. Bought a cap for camping.

Last edited:

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Folding: Bak MX4...... works great. solid, sturdy, keeps the bed water tight. zero complaints.

I think they are $900ish. not sure. got my dealer to throw it in as part of our deal.

jerkstore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Bak Folding on my Gen 1. For my Gen 2 I got the rolling Bak Revolver. I love it. Has a little bit of drainage issues, water collects on it and eventually leaks into the bed. But love it otherwise.

OP
OP
J

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi, dealer has a 2018 Raptor with a tonneau cover (hard) on the window sticker (I haven't seen the truck. it has a "*" showing dealer installed. Is it a Ford product? Any good? Sounds like the BAK is what I need, I don't want some POS. thanks!

ourdoormjd

Reaction score
I have a Diamondback HD I’m probably going to swap out for a cap. Only 6 months old. Any interest let me know.

If I purchase this 2019 Raptor I'm going to quickly need a bed cover. What is the best foldable/rollable cover? Attributes to each design? Thank you.....

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, dealer has a 2018 Raptor with a tonneau cover (hard) on the window sticker (I haven't seen the truck. it has a "*" showing dealer installed. Is it a Ford product? Any good? Sounds like the BAK is what I need, I don't want some POS. thanks!
I have the Ford hard tonneau on my 17. It's ok but it's definitely not water tight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk