Which fuse to use with "add a fuse"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ran through all the fuses on my 2019 and found the following fuses to be accessory (runs only when vehicle is turned on):

19-20: Restraint Control Module (Micro3-7.5A)

21-22: Passenger Occupant Detection (Micro3-5A)

23: Power Rear Glass, Inverter, Driver Window, Moonroof (Micro2-10A)

35: Selectable Drive Mode, Upfitter switches (Micro2-5A)

36: 360 Camera, Heated Steering Wheel, Rear-view Mirror, Rear Heated Seats, Lane Departure Warning, Auto High Beams, Image Processing (Micro2-15A)

37: Spare (Micro2-20A)

Due to space available the recommended accessory for load (additional usb/12v outlet) is 37 and for signal wires (relay, etc) is 23 and 19-20. The add-a-fuse takes up too much space to use more than one of 35-37 unless you Dremel out the fuse box surround and do 35 and 36 back-to-back. I'd rather keep the space available to use 37 for load if necessary.

Side note: all the other fuses were hot when off except 04 and 07. Not sure why, but they did not work under accessory power. The manual lists 04 as trailer brake control (maybe a harness needs to be connected) and 07 is listed as spare (maybe needs to be activated in the BMS).