GEN 2 Which fuse for backlight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WoahItsRob

WoahItsRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wire to ignition and then just remote start your truck every time you walk up so you can see that amber in all its glory. :worship:
Lol, I'm hoping it works. I had the radiance scene wired to ignition through the kit given and they only turned on the backlight when I hit the start button. Remote start wouldn't turn them on.
Could be a user error. I'll get them wired up and tapped into 18 to start and update tonight or tmrw

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Hahn Solo

Reaction score
Doesn’t help you, but if anybody else with a 2017 needs it, there’s a wire in the door harness that could be tapped for this purpose. I used it to make my amber mirror turn signals also function like running lights, like they do on F250/350 trucks. They removed that voltage signal (in Raptors only) after 2018 for some reason, so it only would work on a 2017 Raptor.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just wish I knew what fuse to tap into for the marker lights

You have a couple options.

#1. Our backlight wire kit which is an ignition controlled BCM connector pin that simply inserts into a plug in one of the plugs for the BCM of the passenger fuse panel. No wire taps and no cutting or splicing.

Or, our new to release plug in (No cutting or splicing) marker/parking lights access harness, which hasn't finished full production yet, but will be available soon. You can PM me or call me for details.

John
SPVparts
317-93-GOSPV

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, I'm hoping it works. I had the radiance scene wired to ignition through the kit given and they only turned on the backlight when I hit the start button. Remote start wouldn't turn them on.
Could be a user error. I'll get them wired up and tapped into 18 to start and update tonight or tmrw

Also you're 100% right. My backlights don't turn on with remote start. Haha I'm an idiot. Looks like maybe John has a solution for you though.

RoBoTg

Reaction score
SPV just posted their new wiring harness that should allow for easy hook up to the marker lamps.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a couple options.

#1. Our backlight wire kit which is an ignition controlled BCM connector pin that simply inserts into a plug in one of the plugs for the BCM of the passenger fuse panel. No wire taps and no cutting or splicing.

Or, our new to release plug in (No cutting or splicing) marker/parking lights access harness, which hasn't finished full production yet, but will be available soon. You can PM me or call me for details.

John
SPVparts
317-93-GOSPV

@WoahItsRob Do this, trust me from experience.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@WoahItsRob Do this, trust me from experience.

The quote was before we received the full production run of the new backlight adapters. They are all in stock now.

here is the link to the backlight plug ins that power in with the markers, parking lights, etc-

And here is the link to the original Backlight Wire kit-

Here are the 2 videos as well for both-

John

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I am pretty late to this party. I tapped the triple marker lights in the grill for the back light on my rigid cubes in the bumper. So when the running lights are on, unlock the truck the cube glows yellow.