GEN 2 Which fuse for backlight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoahItsRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2020 Screw, 30 inch rigid adapt light bar. Currently wired up and everything works, but I have to turn to light bar on manually and specifically the backlighting button each time I get in.
Looking for a solution to where I can use the key fob and unlock the doors, to where the marker lights and parking lights come on, and tie in the backlighting for the light bar to come on as well.
I've ran with the rigid radiance scene to where they come on with the ignition, but I don't want that type. I want them to come on right away without the truck having to be turned on.

I'm looking for a fuse to tap into below the glove box. Manual doesn't say which fuse is the marker lights though. I don't want to splice into the marker lights directly because I have the controller in the cab and don't want to rewire back through the firewall grommet. Simple fuse tap is what I want.

I'm going to be wiring this up today and figured I'd throw the question out here in case someone knows off hand before I go and test a bunch of fuses.

Main question- what fuses can I tap into so that backlighting comes on when I unlock the doors?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you will have to tie into the dome ligh wire. you will have to use a relay. the other problem is this will only turn on when the dome light is on. you wont be able to manually turn it on

OP
OP
WoahItsRob

WoahItsRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you will have to tie into the dome ligh wire. you will have to use a relay. the other problem is this will only turn on when the dome light is on. you wont be able to manually turn it on
? This doesn't seem like this will work for my light bar..
I was thinking more along the lines of tapping into fuse 1, 36, or another. 1ad4fdf15ee4ecbf6b944aaa35b6b68c.jpg6124d37137d3cec30138506a64b442f6.jpg

OP
OP
WoahItsRob

WoahItsRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is, maybe I read what you wrote wrong. I want to just not have to click the backlighting button at all and just be able to jump in and drive off and not worry about it.
I would also like to do it with a fuse tap rather then having to run wiring as the box for the controller is under the steering column.
The adapt controller box has a spot dedicated to wiring the backlight to a switch.
8bb72ea535be00a86540dfc3c424fb2a.jpg

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the dome light would only turn on when you unlock the doors. turn off when the doors are closed. you might be able to tie into th parking lights, but if you turn the lights off, then the bar wont work. honestly, ignition is the best circuit to tap into

OP
OP
WoahItsRob

WoahItsRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the dome light would only turn on when you unlock the doors. turn off when the doors are closed. you might be able to tie into th parking lights, but if you turn the lights off, then the bar wont work. honestly, ignition is the best circuit to tap into
I just wish I knew what fuse to tap into for the marker lights

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
from my understanding the bcm controls the marker lights. there is no fuse that is available from the bcm. the fuse box (attached to the bcm) is a fused power to the bcm where then the bcm sends the signal.

OP
OP
WoahItsRob

WoahItsRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe fuse 18 then. If it doesn't turn on when I unlock the doors, it might do what the radiance scenes did and turn on when I hit the start button for the ignition

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe fuse 18 then. If it doesn't turn on when I unlock the doors, it might do what the radiance scenes did and turn on when I hit the start button for the ignition

Wire to ignition and then just remote start your truck every time you walk up so you can see that amber in all its glory. :worship: