Which Fumoto valve should I buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The one I ordered is F107SX - not sure exactly the difference but has the swiveling valve. I cut piece of hose & left it on the nipple angled the valve so when done changing the oil can move the drain hose up & outta the way. I can drain it without removing any skid plates just use a long screwdriver to reach the valve to open/close it depending on how your on the floor w/ creeper can be a PITA to reach in w/ your hand w/o removing plate.

I also started using K&N filters exclusively b/c also not that easy to get a grip on w/ a filter wrench.

I fill the new filter up about 1/2 way before ******** on (nearly all other vehicles have the filter screw on from the bottom so having it full of fresh oil not an issue- w/ the raptor it’d leak & make a mess)- there’s really no leaking/mess when ******** it on 1/2 full.

Anyone else also find both the location of engine oil filter & oil drain pan/plug odd relative to where the engine sits under hood? Especially being a “small displacement” engine I know ford motors are typically large “architecturally” relative to other manufacturers engines in similar displacement, but the distance between the filter & drain plug is relatively far & I almost feel where the oil pan drains is where my tranny drained in GM trucks- talking relative to where the nose of the truck is to where it’s draining underneath.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else also find both the location of engine oil filter & oil drain pan/plug odd relative to where the engine sits under hood? Especially being a “small displacement” engine I know ford motors are typically large “architecturally” relative to other manufacturers engines in similar displacement, but the distance between the filter & drain plug is relatively far & I almost feel where the oil pan drains is where my tranny drained in GM trucks- talking relative to where the nose of the truck is to where it’s draining underneath.
This is my 3rd 3.5 ecoboost since early 2011 and the oil filter and drain plug locations haven't changed. I've gotten so used to it over the last 9 years that it's normal to me now.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had to back out of the order, because I was an idiot... :) 17 plastic oil pan here.

Getting the Ronin instead.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else also find both the location of engine oil filter & oil drain pan/plug odd relative to where the engine sits under hood?

in the explorer, flex, taurus, the oilfilter is very easy to get at and mounted with the threads facing down. combine the longitudinal mount with not having it sideways, and it is much easier to change the oil in those cars with the 3.5 EB

11F150

Reaction score
I skimmed this thread pretty quick but have a few questions. So some raptors have a metal pan while others have plastic? If you have plastic the Fumoto valves don't work? I am getting a 2020 raptor, whenever it decides to show up, and would like to be ahead of the game with oil changes. Anyone know which valve I should be looking at for a 2020? Not sure if they are plastic or metal. Thanks

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your 2020 will have a metal oil pan. All F150s produced after Feb 28 2018 have metal oil pans.

The Ronin valve will only work on plastic oil pans and the Fumoto will only work on the metal ones.

I skimmed this thread pretty quick but have a few questions. So some raptors have a metal pan while others have plastic? If you have plastic the Fumoto valves don't work? I am getting a 2020 raptor, whenever it decides to show up, and would like to be ahead of the game with oil changes. Anyone know which valve I should be looking at for a 2020? Not sure if they are plastic or metal. Thanks