Which Fumoto valve should I buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a ronin drain plug on my 2017 . Now I don’t dread oil changes. Don’t be a stock drain plug guy , be a ronin

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy F%^nuts Batman,
I changed my oil for the first time yesterday evening......this is the most f'd up setup I've ever seen in 30 years of owning vehicles!!
Even with the the wealth of knowledge you all have provided into where the oil could spill, I still had a small pool the size of an egg
escape onto my driveway. I must have used half a roll of Blue disposable shop towels!!!

My Biggest Complaints:
1. Who was the freaking genius at FoMoCo who thought it would be good to have 2 spillways from the drain pan under the oil filter???
2. Could FoMoCo not have made the removable panel at the drain plug just 2"-3" wider from front to back?
3. Was it too hard to cut back the skid plate/enlarge the removable panel under drain plug another 2"-3" towards the driver side,
so the oil could drip straight down near the end, and the Fumoto valve could point straight down when you attach a hose?

My Biggest Kudos:
1. Fumoto for the build quality of their valve!! Top notch!
2. This website for minimizing my mess and frustration last night!

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holy F%^nuts Batman,
I changed my oil for the first time yesterday evening......this is the most f'd up setup I've ever seen in 30 years of owning vehicles!!
Even with the the wealth of knowledge you all have provided into where the oil could spill, I still had a small pool the size of an egg
escape onto my driveway. I must have used half a roll of Blue disposable shop towels!!!

My Biggest Complaints:
1. Who was the freaking genius at FoMoCo who thought it would be good to have 2 spillways from the drain pan under the oil filter???
2. Could FoMoCo not have made the removable panel at the drain plug just 2"-3" wider from front to back?
3. Was it too hard to cut back the skid plate/enlarge the removable panel under drain plug another 2"-3" towards the driver side,
so the oil could drip straight down near the end, and the Fumoto valve could point straight down when you attach a hose?

My Biggest Kudos:

It’s a humbling experience that’s for sure. The second time, you know what to expect.

mmayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy F%^nuts Batman,

My Biggest Complaints:

My Biggest Kudos:

I was there w/ you yesterday although I wish the mess I made was only the size of an egg! Added to the mess when swapping the filter which was nearly impossible due to my ADD Stealth Fighter bumper and S&B CAI. Hopefully the Ronin install will need to quicker/cleaner change next time although will still have to remove the CAI.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
WELP.

Just ordered it. And the extension piece I suppose. So this device just screws into place and I assume the lever opens and closes the flow of oil?