Which cutout is best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got one on my raptor and one on roommates raptor and man they both rattle/leak. DMH just fyi. Does it sound cool yes but would i have been better off with just a hole in the bottom side of the exhaust yes.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I've got one on my raptor and one on roommates raptor and man they both rattle/leak. DMH just fyi. Does it sound cool yes but would i have been better off with just a hole in the bottom side of the exhaust yes.

Alan, i forgot to tell you but I took mine apart and reapplied hi temp RTV caulk and torqued down the nuts and no more rattling. You might try it.

OP
OP
R

reefshadow

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. Some mixed feelings on the cutout. Wondering if it would be better to just go with a different option. I just liked the idea of being able to close it and it sounding stock.

Stainless Works

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
DMH cutouts are excellent quality no doubt. We currently use QTP cutouts and have had zero issues with any wiring, motor or actuator components etc.. each piece is very durable and well tested in many applications from off-road to street. Cutouts on SW Site

qtec66_l.jpg

Quick Time Performance oval electric cutouts feature a new low-profile design for any car or truck that has limited ground clearance. They provide the best of both worlds! They're quiet for the street and wide-open for the strip. Go from stealth quiet to wide-open power and experience the gains, even if you're already enjoying an aftermarket exhaust system. You control the volume and the power. You can open your exhaust with the flip of a switch or you can run it closed, all the way open, or at any position in between.

For the WOW factor, the wireless remote is great for long distance remote operation. I'm thinking of remote start with the cutouts open can really heighten the experience of Raptor onlookers at the grocery store parking lot..haha!!

10900.jpg

Quick Time Performance (QTP) #10900 Electric Exhaust Cutout Controller Kit. Wireless, Controls One or Two QTP Cutouts, with 2 Key Fobs.

Whether space is at a premium in your Car or truck or you prefer to retain stock vehicle appearance or just like the 'high tech' aspect of it all. The QTEC Remote Control system is the answer! The transmitter is small enough to install into the tightest spaces. Connect your power/ground and plug in your QTEC's. It's as simple as that! Press and hold the button on the remote switch. Open them wide open, or just a touch. The choice is yours! QTP offers more control options than any other company on the market. Kit includes the transmitter box, two key fobs, and installation instructions.

Marcsc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cutout location and which one?

So my Raptor will be delivered at the end of May and looking to pick up a cutout before it's here. I know there is DMH, QTP, Doug's, etc...what's the "best" one out there, I know its preference but just looking for feedback on each brand (installation, longevity, any leaks/problems, etc). So for I've been leaning toward Doug's non-butterfly valve.

Also, I've heard different install locations....putting it after the resonator, pulling the resonator and putting the Y-Pipe in-place, etc.
Where is the best install location for a 2014 Screw?

Any input is appreciated!
Marc

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
So my Raptor will be delivered at the end of May and looking to pick up a cutout before it's here. I know there is DMH, QTP, Doug's, etc...what's the "best" one out there, I know its preference but just looking for feedback on each brand (installation, longevity, any leaks/problems, etc). So for I've been leaning toward Doug's non-butterfly valve.

Also, I've heard different install locations....putting it after the resonator, pulling the resonator and putting the Y-Pipe in-place, etc.
Where is the best install location for a 2014 Screw?

Any input is appreciated!
Marc

Well I've had my QTP and wireless controller for around 1.5 years with no issues. But I would recommend the Doug's cutout. The QTP takes <7 seconds and the Doug's is practically instant.

Pick up either one. I would stay away from DMH. I've heard bad things about them

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Goofball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was amazon yesterday and bought a book.... Then an exhaust cutout:fuckyea:. Internet is amazing. I got the Dougs I will keep y'all posted.

Marcsc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
QTP or Doug's cutout?

So just got my 2014 Raptor last week and ready for a cutout, which one is the question.

DMH is a 10-14 week wait time, so down to QTP or Dougs.

Dougs - love the gate style but Ypipe is not stainless steel and 1 yr warranty.
QTP - All stainless and covered motor housing, but butterfly style that "could" leak/rattle, plus have the ability for the wireless remote....but only a 90 day warranty on everything

What route to go? What would you/have you gone with and are you happy with it? Also, should I go with before or after resonator install, pro/cons?

I know there are a few cutout threads but havent seen anything on longevity and pro/cons.

Last edited:

Goofball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly... they all suck. I went dougs because it was the simplest and readily available. so its been on a month or so and its been working thus far. then again I might use it once a week.