Which Bump Stop Can to get

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FINRPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't go with the IFPs because you have to remove the bump pad at then of the can to change the Nitrogen charge. With the "regular" cans the Schrader valve is easily accessed on top.

I towed a couple times with the SVC kit, and when the trailer is connected the bumps just touch the plate. It was a very nice addition to the WD bars. Off roading without changing the height of the can was pretty awesome as well.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can somebody explain to me how a hydraulic bump stop can help with towing loads? I’ve never seen these used for that application.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can somebody explain to me how a hydraulic bump stop can help with towing loads? I’ve never seen these used for that application.

With the SVC kit, the height of the bump is adjustable so you can move it down to be in closer to contact to the axle and it will act as a helper spring. With RPG, you can get a longer strike pad for the bottom of the bump stop to push it lower to be in closer contact to the axle.

Both options will help with reducing sag.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the SVC kit, the height of the bump is adjustable so you can move it down to be in closer to contact to the axle and it will act as a helper spring. With RPG, you can get a longer strike pad for the bottom of the bump stop to push it lower to be in closer contact to the axle.

Both options will help with reducing sag.
Roughly how much weight can they help displace and how much do they run?

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I recently ordered the SVC kit, instructions say you should grind/sand frame but I noticed on the video Jeff just bolts it right up. Does it just depend on the frame and the size of the welds?

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
I recently ordered the SVC kit, instructions say you should grind/sand frame but I noticed on the video Jeff just bolts it right up. Does it just depend on the frame and the size of the welds?
If your frame welds are boogered up you may need to grind. Mine was fine and it didn’t need any work.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Roughly how much weight can they help displace and how much do they run?
They do not add any payload capacity. They simply reduce sag. The amount of sag displaced would depend on the amount of pressure in the bumpstops. But I do not recommend modifying the pressure based on your load.