Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Which Bump Stop Can to get

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modification' started by Nick9323, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Nick9323

Nick9323 Member

Looking at all the gen 2 bump stop options, it seems that the mounts are all very similar and in the case of the SVC bundle, come with King 2.5, Fox 2.5 or Fox 2.0 IFP cans for the same price. I'm not planning on towing a lot, so I just want a reliable set that will protect the truck best. What do you guys like? Any issues?

2. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

What exactly are you doing with the truck. These bumpstops have nothing to do with towing, fyi. Do you plan on doing a lot of offroading with small jumps or larger jumps, lots of whoops? If you are just mall crawling and want looks, get the shiniest stuff, don't matter. Be honest, I mean, if you are not going offroad, you don't need these.

3. freedomchariot

freedomchariot Member

Absolutely love my SVC kit! Comes with the ifp bumps and so easy to install. You can adjust the cans too! Main reason I choose them. Plus the color match is epic for the 2019+ raptors.

FCD365A2-8368-4402-8F06-7EED4964AE7B.jpeg

Ryan James Nolan likes this.
  4. Dustan

Dustan FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

You need a lower bumpstop plate. If the bumpstop hits the ABS sensor line you’ll have big problems

5. Nick@Apollo-Optics

[email protected] Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Fox 2.0 IFP has been our most popular option for the Gen 2 trucks.

6. dragoon218

dragoon218 Member

Whats the difference between the 2.0 ifp and the normal 2.5?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

7. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Full Access Member

I was all set to go with SVC, but the more I look at different kits I think the Icon kit is superior because of the triangulation in their design. Most of the kits have a single support bar above the frame, but the way the bumpstops load when functioning I could see the stress trying to twist the bottom of the frame out. The Icon kit triangulates the load against the center brace to prevent frame twist. I would guess all of the kits will work fine in practice.

https://www.iconvehicledynamics.com...ord-f150-raptor-hydraulic-rear-bump-stop-kit/

Icon kit.jpg

8. Nick@Apollo-Optics

[email protected] Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The 2.0 IFP has a fully threaded body so you fine tune the engagement of the bump stop. The IFP (internal floating piston) also creates a small reservoir inside which means more consistent performance and no cavitation. And in a way, it's also progressive. The initial contact will be softer then the end of the bottom out. So you don't feel them as rough initially, but all of the necessary protection is still there at the end. Your standard 2.5 doesn't have any of these features.

I've always liked the Icon design for that reason. It's just never been super popular kit, unfortunately.

dragoon218 likes this.
  9. TXRaptor

TXRaptor FRF Addict

A lot of people use their air bumps for towing. SVC makes theirs adjustable for towing and RPG makes extensions for towing. The nice things about both kits is they can easily serve two purposes.

CoronaRaptor likes this.
  10. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

I have them on my truck as well, but don't want the truck banging on them when i'm towing, lol, but I see your point though :)