GEN 2 Which Brake pads should i go for

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TYRCS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i get my pads at autozone. got their premium pads. lifetime replacement so i never have to buy a set again. just replaced my pads 2 days ago. took them off went to autozone and got a free replacement...... again...... think i have done this about 20 times now

Jesus Christ how is that possible?Lol What about the rotors ?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if toe haul mode would help save breaks and rotors a little when going down hill
no. im more the rally/drift driver. spent many years doing it. since i dont have a hydraulic e brake to break the back end, i use left foot braking. coming down the mountain and the truck weight, it takes its toll on brakes

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i get my pads at autozone. got their premium pads. lifetime replacement so i never have to buy a set again. just replaced my pads 2 days ago. took them off went to autozone and got a free replacement...... again...... think i have done this about 20 times now

Did you need to do anything with the rotors?

TYRCS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohh gotcha your doing some advanced driving, yeah that makes sense!
Are you running SVT beadlocks, I love those rims!!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you need to do anything with the rotors?
my rotors have been replaced several times. i usually check them when putting new pads on to make sure they are ok. but i normally put the pads on and do a few hard stops on a side road to make sure they are working properly. i guess its called the bedding process.
Ohh gotcha your doing some advanced driving, yeah that makes sense!
Are you running SVT beadlocks, I love those rims!!
i have a set of 5 true beadlock rings sitting in my garage, i want to keep them nice. the beauty rings arent so "beauty" anymore, but i dont really care. i am offroad a lot. tires, brakes, wheels, they all get chewed up while im on dirt

Drgonzo3000

Reaction score
Interesting as the last time I used Autozone rotors on my 2015 F150 they were so warped after a couple runs on the Dragon I had to replace them as soon as I got home. Not to mention the brake fade "or complete lack of brakes" from the Duralast pads.

The main question that should have been asked here is what do you intend to do with the truck. if your just daily driving it and get on it every now and then, the Autozone stuff will work just fine. If your lead footing the gas/brake a lot, towing, off roading or racing, you'll need to step up to a better rotor/pad combination. At the price point you can't really beat the Powerstop Kits. Although the rotors are drilled and slotted where I wish they were just slotted, I personally never had issues with them in the almost 70K I put on the kit on my last truck. Stage 3 looks to usually have the best pricing on them especially since it includes shipping which is a big savings as the front kit shipped is like 30lbs.

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/2015-2016-F150-Brake-Kits-Packages.html

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it helps I use R1 Drilled & Slotted rotors with the OffRoad pads and have been thrilled I also upgraded to braided brake lines and I would say that was one of the biggest changes for such a low cost, I love how my brakes work on my Raptor now. And I also am hard on my brakes!