Which battery is good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say I had an Optima many years ago that lasted forever. Once it crapped out went through 2 red tops in 4 years, thought first replacement was a fluke. When I need to replace my factory will not be going back to Optima.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had Optimas in all my vehicles before the Raptor and I planned on getting one eventually, but they're junk these days. My Jeep's redtop failed after 3 and a half years of use. I had a dual battery (red top/yellow top) combo in my Rover, but those apparently went bad less than a year after I sold it, meaning they lasted a grand total of 4 years.

Odyssey's are pricey but they're absolutely worth it. Wish Sears still made the rebranded ones for like 80 bucks less, but thats not a thing anymore.

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Odyssey. I went with the Performance because the Extreme was out of stock and I couldn't wait.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where does one buy an Odyssey battery?
Where does one buy a Northstar battery?
I have never seen either for sale.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my Odyssey battery shipped from 4 Wheel Parts. I think it was free shipping and they discounted tax as well during a sale.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where does one buy an Odyssey battery?
Where does one buy a Northstar battery?
I have never seen either for sale.

I believe AutoZone is an authorized retailer for Odyssey. I got mine at 4WP online. Do not buy from Amazon because I've heard that they do not warranty Amazon purchases.

bwep

Reaction score
Well I still have the original battery from the factory . It will be 9 years old if it makes it to March 2021. When it fails I'm going with another Motorcraft.