Where to Rebuild Fox Factory 3.0 Coilovers/Bypass Rear shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Granelli

Reaction score
Same with the raptor actually. I bought it with around 10k miles and it was amazing over bumps. Around 50k on the stock suspension I began to notice a rougher ride.

Lane2018

Southern Raptor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone in the southeast rebuilding? Specifically Alabama gulf coast? Trying to avoid shipping charges/delays. Appreciate any info!

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When they rebuild what is the process to remove all that corrosion? Is there a chemical out there that will loosen it up or just polishing with finer and finer abrasives until it comes off? I've never gotten a straight answer from a shock guy about anything other than scotchbrite and simple green.
20220827_154547.jpg

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is the only product I've personally used and had success with, but that was on Kings, and they didn't look anywhere as bad as my Gen1 foxes. And, like everything else, they're no longer allowed to sell it here in kalifornistan.

Attachments

• 20220828_134637.jpg
    20220828_134637.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 10

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
+2 for Accutune . Had them custom valve stuff for me in the past that made my jeep ride like a caddie. Amd jeeps ride like shit usually…

Forged Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When they rebuild what is the process to remove all that corrosion? Is there a chemical out there that will loosen it up or just polishing with finer and finer abrasives until it comes off? I've never gotten a straight answer from a shock guy about anything other than scotchbrite and simple green.
View attachment 369587
Straight answer below.

Our process involves tearing the shock down completely to just the body, put the body in a lathe and using a belt sander to remove the corrosion. After that we put it in our paint booth and use a rust inhibiting primer then wrap the bodies with 3m vinyl(as close a finish as we could find). The other option is the same process and instead of wrapping it, cerekote it. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts