Where to Rebuild Fox Factory 3.0 Coilovers/Bypass Rear shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Granelli

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone recommend a shop (Preferably in northern California/Nevada) that can rebuild my fox factory 3.0 coilovers? I have ONE rear shock making a constant noise.

Thank you

mattyz99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NoCal I would hit up forged off road, you can probably schedule a drop off if your local I’d give them a call

caleb

Reaction score
Accutune Offroad are Fox masters. They're Southern California, so not exactly what you're looking for but they are worth the call.

GoDucks

Reaction score
How many miles on your truck and are you offroading a lot? Just curious on why one of your rear shocks need rebuilding. On my 2015 Lariat FX4 the OEM shocks were good even at 80K miles with towing a Alumaweld 17ft boat maybe 10x per year and light duty offroading to some fishing spots.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many miles on your truck and are you offroading a lot? Just curious on why one of your rear shocks need rebuilding. On my 2015 Lariat FX4 the OEM shocks were good even at 80K miles with towing a Alumaweld 17ft boat maybe 10x per year and light duty offroading to some fishing spots.
the raptor shock is not designed to last as long as other shocks. with performance, comes loss of longevity. rebuilding/replacing after x amount of miles is dependent on how and where you drive. there is a manual that states how often the shocks need to be rebuilt or replaced. substantially more often if you are offroading a lot

GoDucks

Reaction score
the raptor shock is not designed to last as long as other shocks. with performance, comes loss of longevity. rebuilding/replacing after x amount of miles is dependent on how and where you drive. there is a manual that states how often the shocks need to be rebuilt or replaced. substantially more often if you are offroading a lot
Ah yes I see. I don't wheel as much and only drove it at the dunes once. I'm looking to get Icon or Deavers leaf springs down the road so maybe rebuild OEM Fox shocks same time, at 45k miles now

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah yes I see. I don't wheel as much and only drove it at the dunes once. I'm looking to get Icon or Deavers leaf springs down the road so maybe rebuild OEM Fox shocks same time, at 45k miles now
i have played in the dunes up there. too many trees for me though. but i know of the sand you have been in. as far as shock rebuilds, some can occur in 15,000 miles or 60,000 miles. (eh.... 300 miles if you are as idiotic as me) you being at 45k, i would probably rebuild soon

OP
OP
G

Granelli

Reaction score
These are 3.0 external bypass coilovers. Impressive to LOOK at alone but obviously unlike anything found on any other factory vehicle by a long shot. Any shock will degrade over time and need a rebuild or replacement. I've had fox, king, etc. Also had a Evo X from brand new to 90k miles, it certainly was less dampened and more springy feeling when I sold it with factory shocks.