Where to offroad in New Mexico?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TurboD97

Reaction score
Howdy all,
I'm planning on heading out to New Mexico this weekend to do some offroading. Heading in from central Texas. Where should I hit? I have Friday to Sunday and am looking for public land with the possibility of camping out. I've hit Big Bend National and State parks before and really had a good time there. Any recommendations are welcome.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, I'm late to the party, but the Monticello Box out of T or C is nice. Particularly in the Fall, with the trees changing and low water. There's a hot spring at the north end that's pretty good. It's on private land, but last time I went through it was open to the public. Please pick up after yourself (and others if you can) so it stays open. Don't even think about going through if the water is high or if there's a threat of thunderstorms. There's lots of fun stuff to explore in the area and great free camping in the NF.