Where to mount VHF radio in Gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JTN

Reaction score
I'm looking to mount my VHF radio (Icom 2370) in my gen 3? It has a detachable faceplate that I will be mounting using LVJ's faceplate bracket. But for the base system, are there any plates that can be used to mount it under one of the front seats, or is there a better option?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Will it not fit in place of the spare tire jack behind the right rear seat? That's where I mounted it on my Gen 2.

20220219_135646.jpg

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will it not fit in place of the spare tire jack behind the right rear seat? That's where I mounted it on my Gen 2.

View attachment 394395

I’m bumping an old thread because I’m in the same boat as the OP. I also have an Icom 2730.

I spoke to BuiltRight this morning about their mounting solution for the Gen3. Unfortunately, we’re a few months out before they have a solution available on the market.

For those that have installed a VHF/UHF radio, where did you mount it and can you share pictures for ideas?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I’m bumping an old thread because I’m in the same boat as the OP. I also have an Icom 2730.

I spoke to BuiltRight this morning about their mounting solution for the Gen3. Unfortunately, we’re a few months out before they have a solution available on the market.

For those that have installed a VHF/UHF radio, where did you mount it and can you share pictures for ideas?

The main part was mounted behind the rear seat in the picture you quoted. The head unit I mounted in the media tray.

20220219_121854.jpg

20220219_121906.jpg

20230201_101010.jpg

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks but your truck is a Gen 2 so the BuiltRight mount you used doesn’t fit the Gen 3. Also, is that a piece of wood I see in that picture?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bend over, ill show ya. but you probably dont want pictures.

i have mounted the main unit behind the rear seats. (not necessarily the icom) the face can go anywhere you want. just have to make your own mounts for it all. need to know where you want it first though