Where to get this jack extender thingamajig?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jp4lsu

Reaction score
Birdman posted a very nice write up on installing Deavers. I'm looking to do this soon but I think I want this receiver jack extender thingamabob. I've been searching the interwebs and can't find one. Anybody know where I can buy something similar? Or what do you call it?

1668865704502.png

OP
OP
J

jp4lsu

Reaction score
You would definitely want to make sure the front wheels were firmly chocked.
For me I guess you could lift up one side at a time when getting the leaf springs out and new ones installed, instead of lifting the entire rear end.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Birdman posted a very nice write up on installing Deavers. I'm looking to do this soon but I think I want this receiver jack extender thingamabob. I've been searching the interwebs and can't find one. Anybody know where I can buy something similar? Or what do you call it?

View attachment 380931
You would have to go to a thingamajig store in a third world country to get one of those. I would never use anything so precarious as that!

OP
OP
J

jp4lsu

Reaction score
So I guess ya'll don't like the idea of getting hitch with 9" drop and using that? :D
Alright, ya'll have convinced me to scratch the idea. I'll just jack at the frame one side at a time when I change that side's leaf spring.
I changed a leave spring on my old Lariat, I think I put it on jack stands and then put the floor jack under the axle to release the spring on removal.