Where to buy (So Cal - Huntington Beach) **Please Help**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MX32

Reaction score
Hello I’m new to the forum and looking to get a new 2013 Ford Raptor, currently I own a 2006 Chevy Silverado SS. I need help to get the best Out The Door (OTD) price from a dealer in Southern California I live in Huntington Beach (Orange County).
The internet prices I’m finding online at my local dealers range from: $63,000 to $71,000, which is VERY VERY HIGH. From the research if done on the Ford Raptor Forums and Ford.com the price is much lower.
When building the Raptor on Ford.com I get a Net price of $52,285.

I've looked online at the two dealers below (prices from $63,000 - $71,000):

1. Huntington Beach Ford: New Ford Cars, Trucks & SUVs in Huntington Beach | 2011-2012 F-150, Escape, Fiesta, Focus & Fusion
2. Ken Grody Ford: Los Angeles, CA New Ford Ken Grody Ford-Buena Park Vehicle Search Orange County, CA Newport Beach, CA

Truck I want:
2013 Ford Raptor SCREW (4 Door)
Oxford White
w/ 801A Package

Can you help you please help with the following below:

1. What to pay OTD (Out The Door Price not MSRP)
2. What dealers to go to in So Cal to get the best price

Please provide any and all comments that will help.

Thank you,

MX32

Juncle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stay far away from grody they are horrible
Many dealers in ca will sell at msrp but to get less you may have to order
See the invoice thread on the forum lots if info

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You have a couple of options:

1. Go to New Cars, Used Cars, Car Reviews | Cars.com and search for raptors within a distance radius that you are willing to travel and email/call each and every dealership with one to see if they will work with you on price

2. Order from a dealership willing to order a truck for you for invoice + $*** amount of money. You may have to go out of state for this, as most of the Southern California dealerships that work with you on price are swamped with orders

With the first option, use common sense. For the second, there's a lot of information on here about invoice pricing, the ordering and allocation process, dealerships other members have used, and average wait times for orders from different dealerships over the years.

I really don't think these trucks are worth the premium Grody and other dealerships are asking, but apparently there are suckers willing to pay it, so to each their own

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's easy to price stuff out on truecar.com (their ADV is a little low but otherwise great).

Check out this thread:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f162/raptor-dealers-selling-near-invoice-18117/

Redlands Ford has sold a lot but not sure about them having much allotment left. There is a Redlands Ford thread.

If you don't mind flying or having a friend drive you, there are several options to just order one several states away and just pick it up when you're ready. Louisburg Ford near Kansas City orders all their Raptors at $50 over Invoice which would be a little over $48K out the door.

Look over the list and maybe get some ideas. Know what you can get from one of these dealers and use that as leverage against a dealer closer to you (may be hard to do out by you). Otherwise, you might just have to go a ways to order and pick it up. It would be worth the savings. Don't pay much over INVOICE!!! You don't need to.

Last edited:

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** ken groudy. Charged me $10k in "maket adjustment" on the sticker price. I am one of the few on the forums who paid $62k for a Raptor

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Huntington Beach Ford and Ken Grody Ford are insane price-wise. Ken Grody employees laughed at me (literally) when I indicated that I wasn't interested in even paying MSRP for one. I've never actually dealt with HB, the people I've talked with there were nice but I've never talked price on a Raptor given their 10k markups.

I bought mine at Citrus Ford in Ontario for i think $1500 or $1800 under MSRP. This was a 2011 crew on December 28, 2010 (back when I literally had people in traffic pulling up alongside asking me to explain how the hell I had a crew-cab Raptor). I do not think this is a "good" deal today on a 2013.

Go east. Stay out of Orange County. We're all crazy rich here and don't mind paying any amount to have the latest shiny thing that our favorite celebrities have. I'm now of the opinion that car purchasing is done in the Riverside, San Bernadino, San Luis Obispo, or perhaps San Diego.

Radix

Reaction score
I ordered mine from McCoy Mills Ford in Fullerton for below MSRP. Ask for Derek Hall, his the fleet manager, a great guy to deal with.

Reaction score
I too shopped all around Socal. I got lots of laughs from sales clowns but my persistance eventually paid off. Bill D'Amore @ Super Ford in Puente Hills hooked me up for $1000 over invoice on a loaded 2013 (ordered). Nice guy. No games.

Last edited:

Captain CABO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the whole run around at the end of last year looking for my 13 Screw. Long story short, I wouldn't even look in so cal. Ken Grody, HB Ford, Theodore Robins, they are all a joke. I literally called every single Ford dealer in CA, AZ, NV, UT and OR (had Ford email me the list, took a couple days to call em all...) I eventually found the one I wanted at Tracy Ford up in Tracy CA. It was in their showroom and I got it for 1k over invoice. I spent well over a month looking every day at different dealers but in the long run it paid off. Waiting a month to find the right deal saved me $17k over what Ken Grody wanted for the EXACT same truck...

Barrett

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free