Where to buy OEM shocks for a 2018?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What’s the beat place to get OEM replacements for a 2018? Would rather buy new than buying rebuilds.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up my fronts from Rockauto a 6 weeks ago. Difficult to find rear shocks right now. I think there is a nation wide back order situation. I ended up buying the rears off eBay.

OP
OP
J

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I picked up my fronts from Rockauto a 6 weeks ago. Difficult to find rear shocks right now. I think there is a nation wide back order situation. I ended up buying the rears off eBay.
Do you happen to have a Part Number? When using the browse function at rock auto I can only find regular F150 shocks

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just rebuild them. Thats what there made for. Be a hell of a lot less cost. I just get mine rebuilt. And no issues

OP
OP
J

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why not just rebuild them. Thats what there made for. Be a hell of a lot less cost. I just get mine rebuilt. And no issues
Too many people have had too many issues with rebuilds failing prematurely. While I know companies like TSW will stand behind their work and fix a defect, it still costs me time, money and most of all, inconvenience to remove a bad shock, get it sent out and get the replacement installed. Ultimately I may end up having to go this route anyway since its getting more and more difficult to secure new ones for 2017-2018s

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Forged Off-road. Its a exchange program. They send you a rebuilt set and when you get them you have so many days to send them yours. Now they won't be brand new but they DO LOOK PRETTY GOOD. Mine looked a Hell of alot better then what I sent them.

Reaction score
Here is an update on the front OEM shocks from Ford:

As of 12-27 FORD has part HL3Z18124C on a National Back order with No Release date. Notes state "Component part shortage".

OP
OP
J

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I have not been able to find any in stock, at least not from reputable sellers I’ve heard of.