Where is the factory amp & any sub xover controls?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a new 11 scre that has the upgraded sony system. The speakers sound ok, but cant hear shit from the sub. Is there any gain control and/or crossover conrol? Am I the only one who thinks the factory sub puts off zero bass?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My sub is ok for be, but I like my hearing. There is no gain or crossover, equalizer, nothing.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Mine is more than enough for me. And im only 20! spending hundreds of dollars on things that make the music sound worse has never made sense to me

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
whtrapta said:
Mine is more than enough for me. And im only 20! spending hundreds of dollars on things that make the music sound worse has never made sense to me

True that.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
True that.

After having done it when I was in high school. I wholeheartedly agree with you guys. Having my vision blur a bit from subwoofers doesn't seem as fun as it once did.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your stereo sounds worse, then you're doing it wrong.

I completely agree!

The Sony system is fine for what it is, and the sub does a decent job, but there is plenty of room for improvement. Most of that improvement can be handled by changing out the head unit, to one with better control over the speakers and sub. The problem is, who wants to do that after spending all that dough by upgrading to Nav?!

A few years back, I swapped out the head unit in my Honda Element to a Kenwood Excelon touch screen unit... KDC-somethingorother. More power and better speaker control, going from the HU to the factory paper cone speakers and factory 6.5" sub, made a night and day difference. And to this day, I still feel, that wimpy little system sounds better than this uber Sony setup in the Raptor.

OP
OP
G

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the speakers sound good. I just want to upgrade the sub. the bass is not existant. If I can grab an input from the wires going to the sub, run them to a mono amp and add a jl 8" sub, i'd call it good.