Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Where are you in Florida?

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by RussW, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Spencer4336

Spencer4336 Full Access Member

We should try and set up a meet with all the Florida guys!

ThomasL likes this.
  2. MIAMIRAPTA

MIAMIRAPTA Full Access Member

Yeah, sounds like we're about due for another one. I've set some up at JW Corbett and Big Cypress in the past. Been kind of wanting to check out some new spots - maybe "The Compound" in Palm Bay or Lazy Springs.

On NOV 6th, 7th, and 8th they're hosting the Trucks Gone Wild event at The Redneck Yacht Club in Punta Gorda. Not the best place to run our trucks hard... but it's always fun to cruise around, play a little in some mud, and laugh at all the crazy people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. SQAudiophile

SQAudiophile Full Access Member

Ahhh, the Florida I grew up in. FloGrown.
    I need to decide on the fresh tires to have for the trip.

MIAMIRAPTA likes this.
  4. c19dale

c19dale Full Access Member

We did a Ocala run a few months ago and had a blast. I'm in Jax but willing to travel!

Spencer4336 and MIAMIRAPTA like this.
  5. whoisbigman

whoisbigman Full Access Member

Don't know if I've posted here... Palm Beach.

6. John813

John813 Full Access Member

Tradition (Port St. Lucie)

7. TheDude

TheDude Full Access Member

Slow thread. I've heard that the Jackson Guard Rglin range pass is now available online...hoping to generate some North FL interest.

8. james.alan.18041

james.alan.18041 Member

I was just out on the range a couple months ago exploring. There's some cool places to off road back there! I'm in Fort Walton Beach.

9. Gilligan

Gilligan FRF Addict

Do any of you gulf coast guys happen to be a real estate agent? Or know of a good one?

I just cut ties with my 3rd realtor in about 8months lol, looking to find a new place around Sarasota.

10. MIAMIRAPTA

MIAMIRAPTA Full Access Member

Hey guys, not sure how many of you are on the Southeast Ford Raptor Owners Facebook page but a bunch of us are meeting up in Ocala on Friday the 29th and Saturday the 30th for a run on Saturday the 30th. I thought I'd try to compile all of the information into one thread in case more want to join.

Currently, at least two of us are meeting up on Friday evening at the Lake Delancey West campground for a bonfire, beers, and potentially a little night-run. This is approximately 30 min away from the meet-up location on Saturday. If you'd like to join - just send me a message.

Here's the campground information:

Ocala National Forest - Lake Delancy West

Additionally, some guys will be setting up camp at 8 am the following morning (the 30th) at the Alexander Springs campground. This is approximately 10 min away from the meet-up location on Saturday.

Facility Details - ALEXANDER SPRINGS REC AREA, FL - Recreation.gov

This is first come, first serve - so if you want to reserve a spot, get in touch with me and I'll give you Eric's number (he'll be the one there at 8am).

In the morning we'll make the 30 min off-road run down from Lake Delancey to the meet-up location. Those at Alexander Springs will make the 10 min run after they set up for the following night.

11:00 am - Kangaroo Express - 42404 State Road 19, Altoona, FL 32702

There's a gas station (Kangaroo Express) on the corner of SR-19 and HWY 42 in Altoona. It'll give everyone a chance to fuel up and stock up on snacks, water, etc. Then, we’ll leave from there and It'll bring us into the very South end of the Forest and then we can roll North from there. VERY fun terrain around the bombing range and FR-9 (Pipeline).

Thus far, we have an even mix of people who have experience in the area and those who do not. The terrain itself is pretty easy going and is mostly sand so it is not too hard on the vehicles. Throughout the day, we’ll try to find a good mix of hard pack dirt/clay, high speed fire-road runs, some technical trails, and maybe even a few jumps.

As with any run, tow straps, a first-aid kit, tool-box, fire extinguisher, and CB / VHF radio are recommended. However, in our case – they are not required to participate.

After the run on Saturday, a bunch of us will be going to the Ocala gun range before setting up another bonfire at one of the campgrounds. (Likely Alexander Springs) If you want to hang out Saturday night, you are more than welcome to as well.

If you're interested in joining, please message me at 561-319-7864 and I will add you to our group text. Oh, and to the guys that helped plan this - let me know if I got anything wrong and I'll edit it.

Gilligan likes this.