When work is too much fun - G2 Commute Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the Raptor out for a 60 mile roundtrip out into the bush the other day, thought I'd post the video for guys stuck at a computer today.

This was for "work" but you can see why the Raptor is my ideal work truck. You have to be careful due to the other traffic on these access roads, but early in the morning you can absolutely haul ass. When I was driving a little more seriously it was soaking things up incredibly well and I got the truck off the ground more than a few times. I used to run my King equipped diesel Ram on these roads and the Raptor is much faster, a combination of it being much lighter and at mid-stroke the shocks are waaaay more compliant so you have way more traction in the chop.

Some other things I noticed... The BFG's are great on the ice/snowy stuff, about as good as I've ever had for an AT tire. The truck does throw tons of water over the hood compared to my Ram with an ADD bumper, but the auto-wipers take care of it in a hurry. This was filmed in 4A with the locker in and the mode set to Normal, I drove a bunch in Baja and Sport as well when I was being a bit more serious. The most fun was in Sport mode with the shifting in manual mode, and TC and SC turned off by holding the button 5 seconds (which isn't really all the way off anyway).

The video is artificially stabilized with Youtube, you notice the effect when the wipers come on. I am going to throw my gf's Gopro on the dash next time I get the chance to video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa3UaW6pJSk&t=20s