When to start looking at financing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will have no issues getting the best rate. You have good Income and very low debt and a good credit score. In your situation, don't even bother with paying off your CC and vette, unless you want to.

I would also check with ford financing. But always come to the negotiating table with a loan and just tell Ford what your rate is. If you have a good credit score (and you do), Ford financing will want your business and offer you a lower rate.

My price for the truck is $46,665. I plan on putting $16K down on it, and already have $1K in as my deposit when ordered. So, roughly $29-30K.

As far as my loans/debts go what I listed $1,400 CC and $4K vette (I'm currently 6 months ahead on payments) are my ONLY outstanding loans. No mortgage (I rent). I made $125K last year, and am in the proscess of getting divorced if that matters to the bank...it sure does to me :( This year I will make roughly 10-15K less I assume. Lost overtime from crying and vomiting when she said she was done...

- Travis

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Credit union usually have the best rates, pre-approval valid for 30 days typically.

Most if not all will still ask you to sign that nothing material has changed since you applied... And yes they will pull your credit before you close...