When to replace rotors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At what thickness should we replace rotors? I'm on 60k miles now and I haven't checked the brakes yet but I am wanting to upgrade my pads for a better brake feel. Just wondering if I should do the rotors too or can I save my money for now?

I'm not big baller like you guys with the R1 Concepts upgrades...:flipthebird:

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
min thickness spec is usually cast into the rotor. Most shops these days seem to want to just change them with the pads

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed mine at 65k and at the same time did braided steel lines and wow, what a difference. Personally one of my favorite maintenance upgrades next to bfg ko2s.

If you've pushed the truck hard you know the brakes fade a bit which is unnerving.

Black Lab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the braided brake lines? I'm thinking about replacing the pads & rotors on the front end, shopping around for best quality:$$$ . Might also swap out the brake line & fluids

btkeenan

Reaction score
Just replaced all 4 rotors and pads. They were cracking from the salt and ice over 3 years on the east coast. Now its out west so expect them to last longer.