When to Buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunterjah

Reaction score
I've been lurking for a while. I am going to get a 2013 Raptor. I'm coming out of a Mercedes lease. My lease ends on Aug 1. Here's my question, when would I need to place my order so that I can still get a 2013 allocation, but not double up on a car payment?

Looks like a 3 month wait judging by some of the comments I've read. I'm looking to get close to invoice since I'm ordering and am flexible searching around to get the best deal.

Any advice?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford stopped making 2012s in September. There are lots of rumors that there will not be a 2014 Raptor and if this is the case then I assume Ford will make the 2013s as long as possible.

I've been lurking for a while. I am going to get a 2013 Raptor. I'm coming out of a Mercedes lease. My lease ends on Aug 1. Here's my question, when would I need to place my order so that I can still get a 2013 allocation, but not double up on a car payment?

Looks like a 3 month wait judging by some of the comments I've read. I'm looking to get close to invoice since I'm ordering and am flexible searching around to get the best deal.

Any advice?

OP
OP
H

hunterjah

Reaction score
Do you think a three month window is most appropriate then? My idea was to call a couple of the Texas dealers selling close to invoice and ask there opinion on ordering. Is that the best strategy? Should I be willing to put a deposit down to hold a spot?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I assume you are in TX?

Do you think a three month window is most appropriate then? My idea was to call a couple of the Texas dealers selling close to invoice and ask there opinion on ordering. Is that the best strategy? Should I be willing to put a deposit down to hold a spot?

OP
OP
H

hunterjah

Reaction score
Yes sir, I'm in Texas.

I also have a Land Rover Defender (vintage 97), so my man card is hopefully doing well so far. Will be even better with a nice Terrain Screw in the driveway.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Find a dealer with an allotment and when their orders for those allotments are due. For example, the dealer in MI I worked with had a 3 truck allotment and I talked with them regularly as my previous truck lease came up. Their allotment window closed at the end of May 2011, I ordered my truck on May 24th, truck was built M / E of June and I took delivery July 3rd.

Find a dealer with available / open allotments

Hennyhen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to give you an idea I ordered on 31 Oct 12. It was built on 29 Nov 12. picked up at dealership on 17 Dec 12. the dealership I dealt with was great and they are in Texas. if you need more info PM me.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
x2. You are ordering late in the year so make sure the dealer has allotment.

Find a dealer with an allotment and when their orders for those allotments are due. For example, the dealer in MI I worked with had a 3 truck allotment and I talked with them regularly as my previous truck lease came up. Their allotment window closed at the end of May 2011, I ordered my truck on May 24th, truck was built M / E of June and I took delivery July 3rd.

Find a dealer with available / open allotments