When should the KO2 get replaced?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got 30k out of mine probably could have went another 5k. Went with duratracks

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Immediately, at any mileage, and put on a good set of MTs, unless you like getting stuck in soupy mud with KO2s. Ask me how I know.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys that are lifting their f-150's. Spent all the money on car payments and lift kits. Used tires it is!

That's a great idea, I never would have though of that. I know I tossed a set of Michelins from one of my cars that probably had another 20,000 miles left on them because they got real hard and it was like driving on ice in the rain. I'll have to remember to sell stuff like that.

Last edited:

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ran my original set of K02s to about 38k. Noise was pretty bad, and I did drive them through the winter here in Missouri at 38k and they actually did fine in snow and ice. Replaced in February with Ridge Grapplers, was blown away with the improved ride, handling and less noise. Could be I was used to the old K02s being rough and noisy, but I really like the Grapplers better.

dc1gator

Reaction score
My tires had plenty of tread left at 43K. Noise increases with tread wear. BF Goodrich recently had a $150.00 refund so I replaced them. There is very little noise from a new set. If you can p;ut up with the noise and drive like you have good sense you should be able to easily get 50K miles out of the KO's (rock crawlers exempt).

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI to the Ridge Grappler fan boys, they also get loud after 40k mi, louder than Yokohama MTs.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Replaced at 10k. The less the tread depth, the less the siping is able to do its job as the lugs are unable to open up. Lost traction on dry and definitely in wet conditions. Amazing difference with the new tires especially after getting accustomed to the degraded performance and traction.

View attachment 151771

classic over inflation on the left tire

UncleBruce

Reaction score
I have 50K on original KO2's. Noisy. Not much wet traction. No crawling on them. If I can get around Chicago this fall, will replace them in the spring. Otherwise earlier!