Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Wheels choices

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Scarpp, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Angelo1

Angelo1 Full Access Member

oMG!how long does it take you to park it? What’s the width of your truck with those wheels in relation to the garage opening. I bet the surround camera is a huge help

2. Angelo1

Just out of curiosity, why would the MY20 have potentially less issues compared to the MY18?

3. Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke Member

I have to back in and I use my mirrors. My tires are about an inch wider than the fenders. I like that look. I'm getting better at it.

4. Angelo1

The look is definitely worth it. I prefer it as well

5. Scarpp

Scarpp Member

The inn
    Angelo1 I dont know if the 20’s have less than the 18’s. All I know was the 18 was spending way too much time in the dealers garage rather then my garage.

6. Angelo1

Gotcha, well hopefully the 20 is flawless for you.

Scarpp likes this.
  7. SCMike

SCMike Full Access Member

This is the reason I don’t go method. I really like how they look, but it seems like 9 out of 10 raptors with aftermarket wheels running around SoCal has them.

8. Scarpp

Scarpp Member

I went with the Icon Rebounds. 7D816B5A-C584-42BB-8489-F0F11D607E12.png

Mbdurham likes this.
  9. edubpdx

edubpdx Member

I agree with NASSTY and BIG BLUE. Wheel preference is subjective. The real question I have is about any performance difference. I have ordered my 2020 raptor and I'm conflicted about the wheel choice. I was set on the oem forged wheels because I believed they were stronger and lighter than the OEM cast wheels and other cast wheels in general. I recently learned that the forged oem wheels are actually 7lbs heaver than the oem cast wheel option. SO no I am contemplating after market options. Do any of you out there with 20'' wheels notice any performance decrease due to the heavier wheels? I know that there will be an increase in traction on pavement and dirt to the larger wheel. Any decrease in turning radius due to the larger wheel? Should I stay with a 17'', 18'' or 20" I think an 18'' is a good option, but I would like to hear from some of you about the performance aspects. I definitely want the lightest wheel I can afford. I am cognizant of the benefits of unsprung weight in turning and starting and stopping. Thought?