Wheels and Tires (37 package)(18 x 9 rim 37 x 13.50 tire)

jchap711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are wasting money paying for a 37 package. Youre gonna spend 7000 dollars to get slightly bigger shocks. Guess what, FORD doesnt want you to know this, the standard shocks will handle 37s. Is there a slight advantage ,of course, but not worth the money. And it’s been proven over and over that with the help of a ratchet strap, you can mount a spare 37 on a 35 truck. You could probably go with a 12.5 wide and save yourself some rubbing and mpg.

Tyler725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off congrats on 37pkg.. 100% worth it (unless you paid crazy ADM but lets not go down that road). Yes its more expensive but we are already seeing a major difference in the wholesale market on 37 v 35. So you'll get it back.

As far as the tires & wheel setup -- I believe you'll rub.

On my Raptor I ran:

1.5" RPG Perch
37x1350r20
20x9 +1 offset wheels

With this setup I had to do quite a bit of trimming; the rubbing drove me absolutely crazy.

I am currently on:
1.5" RPG Perch
37x1350R20
20x9.5 +15 offset

However since I trimmed on my last setup it didnt rub on current setup.

Photo Mar 03, 2 37 02 PM.jpg

Tyler725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you will have issues especially if you go 13.5 wide. 37x12.50 normally require trimming. The offset will be okay if you are not going to off-road and compress the suspension. Plus 12 offset is still further out than stock. I personally think you will have fitment issues and rubbing.

There is a Code Orange that I have seen here and on IG with 13.5 tires and the owner had to trim substantially. Also don’t forget that Nittos are a true 37” tire, where as BFG’s are about a half inch shorter in height. Nittos are great tires but they are also heavy and the 37’s have a thick side wall.

I also agree the rear will probably be okay, but not sure about the front around full turn and the pinch welds.

You could also get a 35 package and then do springs and collars.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy it. Maybe someone has a similar set up and can say for sure.
Sounds like me.

Part of the issue I found out is BFG has a fairly minimal sidewall. Where as the Toyo MT I am currently running is much more aggressive. If I recall Ridge Grapplers have a fairly aggressive sidewall. But I could be wrong.

Last edited: