Wheels and tire setup and why

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Phil O

Phil O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
time to replace my KO2's , only have 26k on them they did not wear well, thinking about the Nitto Ridge Grappler, any feedback on them ?
I don’t have any firsthand experience. I know people with them and they love them. They look good. If you get them in the same size tire as the stock KO2 the you would be increasing unsparing weight of almost 8lbs per wheel. Probably change the performance a bit.

FerdFteen

Reaction score
I'm running 37 Ridge Grapplers on 20" VenomRex 601s. It's definitely stiffer than stock, but I need to reduce my tire pressures some. Winter in central TX is ridiculous with the daily temperature swings, so keeping cold pressure consistent is a little tough.

I'm only about 10k miles in, but thinking of something like 37 KM3's with 17 or 18" wheels once the RG wear down.

OP
OP
Phil O

Phil O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running 37 Ridge Grapplers on 20" VenomRex 601s. It's definitely stiffer than stock, but I need to reduce my tire pressures some. Winter in central TX is ridiculous with the daily temperature swings, so keeping cold pressure consistent is a little tough.

I'm only about 10k miles in, but thinking of something like 37 KM3's with 17 or 18" wheels once the RG wear down.
How do you like the 601’s? Those were what I initially wanted but decided against that big of a wheel. Sure do look good though.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I've had both RGs and KM3s in 37". KM3s are vastly superior on every surface. RGs are more quiet when new, but when worn get louder. RGs will last longer because the tread compound is softer on the KM3s, but if traction is paramount, go with the KM3s.

FerdFteen

Reaction score
How do you like the 601’s? Those were what I initially wanted but decided against that big of a wheel. Sure do look good though.

Same, I love the look, but they are impractical for anything other than on road use. I'm planning to go off road more this year, so will so see how that goes. Depending how that goes, might end up selling my current setup to get into 37/17 KM3s sooner.

I've been reading some of those Velgen forged threads that are spamming the forums. Seems like they only offer 18s and 20s, but 37 x 18 might not be bad. Will probably do some reading of other threads since some guys insist 17s are the only way to go for off road.

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
35’ Ridge grapplers, on 20’s. Love them. Super quiet and comfortable. I dont do any hardcore offroading, just normal stuff. So far they’ve been great.

7C6A080D-9CC6-4A19-BB6A-720C1F721DAA.jpeg

F706DCB2-C3B8-4246-A66F-124DEC277CBF.jpeg

B59E6FCC-8C82-476A-BD3A-DD21D2E92308.jpeg

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Beinkounter are those Vapors? How do you like them? They are pretty heavy from what I remember reading before. They look sharp though!

Thanks! Yes indeed they are. I had them installed before I took delivery of the truck, so don’t have a point of reference to compare to, but the truck rides beautifully on and offroad.