Wheels?? 2019 raptor, any issues with going up to 20” wheels? Looking at the company Venomrex who make high end rims for Raptors. Rubbing issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddro

Reaction score
Opionions on 20” wheels vs the manufacture 17”
would there be any issues with rubbing . Looking at the brand Venomrex who make forged wheels for high end cars and Raptors .

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Your biggest limitation will be related to the diameter of the tire, the wheel offset and spacing. The factory Gen2 wheels are 17 x 8.5” with +34mm offset. Your chosen wheel needs to be very close to the 8.5” width and +34mm offset, and your tire will need to be approximately the same as the stock tire.

Overall weight should also be a concern, the stock wheels are about 32-38#, while the KO2’s are about 64 pounds, depending on regular or bead lock capable wheels. Your combination shouldn’t be too far off this.

You will gain some street handling capability with 20’s, but, you will lose potential off road capability when airing down, and the compliance may suffer a bit.

Most of the FRF crew believe, rather fervently, that wheel size beyond 17” relegates the truck to street usage with the periodic ventures into starbucks parking lots.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I respect @smurfslayer and his opinion but it’s to each there own! I drive my truck 90% on road around town and then a mile down a county maintained gravel road to our ranch in SW Arkansas and park the truck and climb in our Polaris’s so no heavy off roading in the truck but its also fast as **** on road which makes me smile every time enjoy building YOUR truck for YOU however you want to build it!

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had VenomRex 20's on my Raptor from the beginning, and had no issues at all off-road with Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I even took my truck to Moab and did alot of off-roading without issue; BUT, I never aired down at all. Too risky with 35" slim sidewalls on 20's.

HOWEVER, I just recently changed to 17's, and am much more relaxed when going off-roading these days. Not so paranoid about my wheels being so close to the terrain and getting them scuffed up. Like Smurfslayer said, if you run it off-road and air down, beware. If you just run your truck as a mall crawler on-road, aren't worried about scratching those expensive wheels up with rocks or mud, and don't mind people ribbing you about running 20's off-road, have at it; they look great! I myself, am glad I went to 17's. I'm heading to Colorado for some trails, Rocky Mtn Natl Park, Garden of the Gods, and Pike's Peak with the family soon. The 35's on my 17's are really plush on and off the road compared to the 20's. The 20's performed better on-road in turns, but the Raptor isn't a sports car.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Build your truck how you want!

I liked the 17’s for mine, but to each their own. Venomrex wheels in general are sharp and the offsets in both the 17 and 20 inch wheels are awesome….

Their offset is def. my preferred look.

17” 602’s in highland bronze on fac…
A5133371-58D3-4342-85C1-6DFFE17AFE64.jpeg
BF1B3F2B-0C3C-4D92-8B2F-DE75EB3277A0.jpeg