Wheel wells...sprayed with Raptor Spray

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I saw another member here who sprayed their wheel wells with Upol Raptor spray. Very easy to apply. I sanded the wheel wells, masked everything off (i didnt apply any tape to the fenders after seeing all the stories about tape peeling paint off them) wiped down with alcohol, sprayed adhesion promoter (2 coats) then applied the Raptor spray (2coats). Came out pretty well. Took a couple hours due to waiting 10 to 20 minutes between all the different coats.
image0 (12).jpegimage1 (8).jpeg

OP
OP
cdiddy4224

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! How much did you use? I am assuming a pan type compressor will suffice?
Actually, I used the aerosol cans. I have a pancake compressor as well and was worried about keeping up the PSI. I read good things about the cans, so i opted for that. The adhesion promoter was enough for both wheel wells. The actual spray coating was good for 1 can per wheel well.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Looks great. I’ll be doing the same to mine when it arrives next week

jchap711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on the final product do y’all feel like it will hold up to rocks? I did my old truck wheel wells with the rustoleum bed spray and it started chipping off after 6 months. Do you feel like this is tougher?

OP
OP
cdiddy4224

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on the final product do y’all feel like it will hold up to rocks? I did my old truck wheel wells with the rustoleum bed spray and it started chipping off after 6 months. Do you feel like this is tougher?
I’ve never used rustoleum so I don’t have a baseline to compare. It’s a bit early to judge the durability and longevity, but based on all the reviews I’ve seen, I’m hoping it lasts longer than 6 months.

Bluto

Reaction score
I had this stuff in the bed of my pre-raptor f150. It's sturdier than paint, but not nearly as good as linex. It will probably chip, but the nice thing is it's super easy to touch up or spray over to keep it looking nice.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sprayed mine last weekend. Just a heads up for anyone using the raptor spray. Make sure if you use the aerosol cans you fully commit and press the button the entire way down at all times when spraying. If you feather it you will get a globby look. Happened to me and I had to remove and start over. End product looks great though. I am currently lifting a smart car to have as a daily/toy and plan to spray the entire car in raptor liner. aa.jpg

murphyraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a roll on product on my f350 and it held up for 9 years. Did the spray on my Gen 3 . Hope it hold up as long but can always touch up and add another couple coats