GEN 2 Wheel Well Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nfsraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have seen a few posts on plastic liners and spray on liners. There were many helpful posts of other spraying their wheel wells and I decided to try. I wanted to add to the items to share my experience.

I used ZEP rubberized undercoating and it seems to have turned out well (pun intended). I will update on durability after a proper offroad run but so far I like the looks and results. I will post pictures below.

(I know I went overboard on covering it but did not want to get any overspray on the paint and I had all the materials already)

Materials:

Automotive paint plastic
3m Blue Painters Tape
Paper roll
ZEP Rubberized undercoating
Rustoleum Spray Paint Handle
Fine grain sandpaper

GR8Ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome man! I can’t get anyone to give me a quote for linex or rhino lining for the wells. Was hoping someone came up with a properly fitting liner which I have seen none. This looks like the answer. Keep us posted on wear and if needed touch ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
nfsraptor

nfsraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome man! I can’t get anyone to give me a quote for linex or rhino lining for the wells. Was hoping someone came up with a properly fitting liner which I have seen none. This looks like the answer. Keep us posted on wear and if needed touch ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a quote from my local line-x place and they charged 275. I figured I have all the materials already so why not lmao. I will keep you all posted for sure on long term wear and tear.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to do mine in raptor lining real soon I'll update when complete

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

chewy1964

Reaction score
Had mine Line-X within the first 1000 miles. Looks great. Time will tell on lastability.

Had the skid plate sprayed at he same time. Looks awesome!!

skerzz

Reaction score
Had mine Line-X within the first 1000 miles. Looks great. Time will tell on lastability.

Had the skid plate sprayed at he same time. Looks awesome!!

Why not wait until you are ready to sell the truck to line-x the wheel wells? That way the line-x is fresh and looking like new. Any cosmetic “damage” under the line-x will be irrelevant given it’s hidden. Was going to line-x my bed as well, but was subsequently sold on waiting to line-x when/if truck goes on market for the same reason.