GEN 2 Wheel & Tire Offset w/ Geisers & Deavers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elindley01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, this is my second Raptor since joining the forum, but I've been mostly a lurker to this point. This community has been the biggest resource for both of my Raptors, so thanks to all of you that contribute. I'm going to make it a priority to participate more in the future.

I've searched the forums and as a result ordered bump stop mounts, Geisers and +3 Deavers that should be delivered early next week. I also ordered 37x13.50R18 Cooper STT Pros that were already delivered, as well 18" bronze Method MR305 NVs, which have a 9 inch width and -12mm offset. Once they arrived I realized I ordered the wrong lug pattern, so they're being returned as we speak.

Most posts I've found mention Geisers, Deavers, but with 37x12.5 tires. I really wanted to go with 18 inch wheels and also wanted Cooper STT Pros, but they don't make a 12.5 wide tire in that size. Not to mention, I wouldn't mind a wider tire either so I got 37x13.5s. Now that I'm going to have to reorder wheels I thought it might be time to check and make sure this setup will even work without rubbing (with minimal trimming of the inner fender liner). If not, do you have a recommendation for offset on an 18 inch wheel that will accomodate the 13.5 inch wide tires, giving it the most aggressive stance, but not needing any major modifications? I'm not 100% dead set on the Methods I already ordered and would be open to pretty much any brand or style/color.

Thanks in advance for your help!

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't plan on actually going off-road then stick to what you want. For on road use you will be fine.

If you want use your truck in the dirt then plan on getting some new fenders to accomidate those tires and offsets. I dont think any different wheel will help you with trying to fit a 37 x 13.5 on a Raptor without some fender modifications. I have that exact suspension set up on my truck and no way would 37x13.5 on a -12 offset would work. You would catch the outside of your fenders in a heart beat with any off-road driving.

OP
OP
elindley01

elindley01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks murph145 for your reply! I do take my Raptor offroad, but only very mild sand trails and dunes. I don't jump it or ride hard at all; that's what my RZR is for. I've sent the incorrect wheels back and am now looking to order new ones. It turns out the 18" Method MR305s with the proper 6x135 bolt pattern I need to order are actually a +18mm offset. With this offset the tires should stick out nearly an inch and a quarter less than with the -12mm offset. I think this should be manageable with the type of driving I typically do.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks murph145 for your reply! I do take my Raptor offroad, but only very mild sand trails and dunes. I don't jump it or ride hard at all; that's what my RZR is for. I've sent the incorrect wheels back and am now looking to order new ones. It turns out the 18" Method MR305s with the proper 6x135 bolt pattern I need to order are actually a +18mm offset. With this offset the tires should stick out nearly an inch and a quarter less than with the -12mm offset. I think this should be manageable with the type of driving I typically do.

That’s correct. The 18” Methods with the +18 offset will tuck nicely. I’d also recommend sticking with 37x12.50 tires, not 37x13.50.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is a really big tire and the backspacing of 5.75" on the wheel you're looking at makes me wonder if it will rub your UCA. Also, this is going to be an extremely heavy setup. I would think about stepping down to 17s and 12.5 wides, both of which are quite a bit lighter.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s correct. The 18” Methods with the +18 offset will tuck nicely. I’d also recommend sticking with 37x12.50 tires, not 37x13.50.
Can you run 37x13.5 tires on standard rims with Geiser springs installed up front without rubbing, or do I need to stick with 37x12.5 tires? I have already trimmed the really thin and flexible plastic on the inside lower portion of the wheel wells.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can you run 37x13.5 tires on standard rims with Geiser springs installed up front without rubbing, or do I need to stick with 37x12.5 tires? I have already trimmed the really thin and flexible plastic on the inside lower portion of the wheel wells.

The 13.5 really just makes a bad situation worse when it comes to fitting 37s on stock fenders.

OP
OP
elindley01

elindley01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I truly appreciate everyone's input. I got so focused on selecting the right wheels that I lost sight of the impact going 1 inch wider on the tire could have. Unfortunately, I own all of the parts at this point outside of the Deavers that were on back order. The Deavers are supposed to be here next week and when they do I'm going to give it a shot to install and see if it will work without major alterations. I work for a very large dealership and have 100% trust in my tech and our service department to only make modifications after I approve. I'll report back with what happens. Worst case scenario I'll have to return/sell the Coopers and go with a 37x12.5.

Thanks again!

OP
OP
elindley01

elindley01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I finally get to report back to everyone on the results! The Deavers were on a crazy backorder and I had to wait for them to be manufactured and shipped. I've been sitting for a couple of weeks with all the other parts, waiting on the leaf springs. They finally arrived and I just got my truck back from the shop!

So like I spoke about earlier, I went with Geisers, Deaver +3s, Forged OffRoad bump stop relocation kit, 37x13.50R18 Cooper STT Pros, and 18" bronze Method MR305 NVs. I was really concerned (especially after hearing some of y'alls opinions) about clearance with the 13.50 tires, even with a +18 offset, withuot some major modifications being made.

I'm happy to report there was no additional modifications needed besides trimming the plastic inner fender liner, as most need to do. There is no rubbing at any point at all. I realize offroad will be a different story, but like I stated earlier, my truck is my transportation and my RZR is the toy I beat up offroad.

I appreciate everyone's feedback and guidance along the way. This forum was instrumental in helping decide which direction to go. If anyone is considering going a similar route as myself, I can say in typical driving conditions 13.50s will fit perfectly without rubbing with the right wheel offset.

20181025_150756_LI.jpg

20181025_150815_LI.jpg

20181025_150830.jpg

20181025_150847_LI.jpg