Wheel hop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

1troys

Reaction score
ordered a set of deavers today .thanx everyone for your input.i will let u know how they work

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Odered the deavers today.Ford has my parts on order.Was just trying to show of with a burn out when wheel hop occured and broke rear yoke and damaged drive shaft.Sorry to stir up all the shit.Love my hennessy so far only has 1500 miles on it but its awesome!Way better than my first 2010 5.4 and worth every penny.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

OUTLAW RAPTOR hooked me up with frame kit and the springs:peace:

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I get rear wheel hop sometimes when comming into a turn hot under hard braking and turning in. I continues as I power through the turn. Nothing violent but it can be a sight to watch I am sure. Love taking a 6000 lb truck slipping through a turn with a little rear wheel hop and tire spinnin. Thats in 5:00pm traffic. Wonder what its like on an open corse?

BDRAG

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I saw that another guy broke his drive shaft trying to do a burnout...he had a 5 Star tune. With your logic should Mike at 5 Star be responsible?

my logic is just that...logic. a 600HP blown 6.2L vs. a tuner that adds single digit HP numbers at peak? i think you and i both know that's not even close to the same thing. let's not get carried away.

there's no denying that this could happen to a stock truck. the Raptor isn't made for dry pavement burnouts. with that being said, when you add significant(double?) the horsepower you must assume that the risk of breaking shit doubles too.

my concern isn't whether or why it happened, but why Hennessey would act like they have "never heard of it" as if it was a surprise. i'm sure if given your scenario and the guy called Mike @ 5 Star he would have a better explanation for what happened and what to avoid in the future. live and learn, don't hide from the truth.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my concern isn't whether or why it happened, but why Hennessey would act like they have "never heard of it" as if it was a surprise.

Yes, blowing up drive shafts is common place with Raptors. lol Shame on the Hennessey employee for not hearing about it and knowing this was a big problem.

OP: Glad to see that you have ordered a solution. Hope you enjoy the Deavers.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, right or wrong, their fault or not, one thing isn't up for debate: this Hennessey conversation looks exactly like it might have looked 10 years ago. That's not a good thing for a company that claims to have changed its ways.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, right or wrong, their fault or not, one thing isn't up for debate: this Hennessey conversation looks exactly like it might have looked 10 years ago. That's not a good thing for a company that claims to have changed its ways.

That comment just goes to show your ignorance.

Cheers.

Was just trying to show of with a burn out when wheel hop occured and broke rear yoke and damaged drive shaft.Sorry to stir up all the shit.Love my hennessy so far only has 1500 miles on it but its awesome!

Awesome! Glad to hear. Hope the Deavers help out with all that power. Be sure to post up some pics or video.

Last edited:

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That comment just goes to show your ignorance.

Cheers.
Hah! Indeed. The only thing missing is John himself in here losing his mind ;)

How hard would it have been for Hen to spend a few minutes with the OP on the phone? How different would this have gone if the OP had said something like "they suggested X, Y or Z, what do you think..."?

Surely you're not implying their reported response to the OP is in keeping with their new and improved claims?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Yes, blowing up drive shafts is common place with Raptors. lol Shame on the Hennessey employee for not hearing about it and knowing this was a big problem.

OP: Glad to see that you have ordered a solution. Hope you enjoy the Deavers.

Your sarcasm and first sentence sum it right up. It's not common in Raptors which makes you wonder what the heck happened here. 600hp maybe? However, it is common to break stuff in vehicles with way too much power and drivetrain components that can't handle the increase in power. You're making my points for me

Sent from my right thumb using Tapatalk.