Wheel fender flare wrap in carbon fiber?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baldguy01

Reaction score
Hey guys, with an all black truck already, besides the doing the pillars on my screw, was thinking of all carbon fiber wrapping the fender flares?? has anyone out there done anything like that? I've seen the body wraps. not sure if it will be just too much against the already black contrast or not? all feedback appreciated!

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I saw real carbon fiber flares on a Black Raptor long time ago on a post, I didn't like it. Thought it would look nice, but it didn't.

Tommysyko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's hard to say from vehicle to vehicle. I had my wrx wrapped in certain parts, fenders and roof. The gloss black made an interesting contrast with the matte black cf. I'd suggest trying a fender in glass black with the 3M di-noc, before you commit to all four.

The body wrap makes it more of a complete look. The part matte pieces made it look more like it was primer waiting for paint from afar.

Just my opinion. I still did it and liked it for awhile. It's always reversible when you get bored

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just wrapped my fenders in a metallic black, tunred out good. Not a perfect match to tuxblk, but close. In direct sunlight at a couple angles, it will give off a brownish tint. We considered trying the CF, may do one fender before we redo mine next.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I just wrapped my fenders in a metallic black, tunred out good. Not a perfect match to tuxblk, but close. In direct sunlight at a couple angles, it will give off a brownish tint. We considered trying the CF, may do one fender before we redo mine next.

I have some Avery 700 in satin black... Thinking I may need to use some Avery 900 to make easier to apply, but it may not matter too much since it's not too bad of a contour.

Any suggestions?

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a vinyl swatch book to match & pic colors from, a friend applied it. It didn't take any real stretching so applies easy and should hold up well. I wasn't sure if Color would be ok, so did the fenders mounted, but plan to remove the fenders and wrap around the edges when we redo them.

D76-A3C1AA8D87AF-2555-00000230358974AF_zps955d09f3.jpg

B21-EA339366BF37-2555-000002308B05F729_zps0fa859e4.jpg

B48-B25C38ADCEEC-2555-0000022C25CD10BB_zps4a5a4ad3.jpg

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Sweet, thanks for the quick reply! I just ordered another roll of the satin black which definitely will give me enough to do all 4 fenders and my bumpers.

Your truck with the wrapped fenders looks perfect!

OP
OP
B

Baldguy01

Reaction score
Thanks!

Guys, thanks for the input, am liking the options, still undecided! Way too much to concider now!

Would it be easier to remove the flares before wrapping them guys? or would it leave the flare too flimsy? I"m thinking for clean wrapped edges I'd need to...

not sure, never worked with this stuff before....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20