Wheel decisions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay-Mac

Reaction score
Hey guys I’ve been reading threads for a while now after I purchased my stripped screw 2019 Raptor. As I was hesitant to purchase it because I really am not fond of the wheels on it and I’ve learned that I’m not the only one. My question is if I run a 20” wheel on my truck can I fit a 12.5x35 tire without modification? I’m itching to make it my own and just need pointed in the right direction. But I absolutely love this truck. Thanks

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I’ve been reading threads for a while now after I purchased my stripped screw 2019 Raptor. As I was hesitant to purchase it because I really am not fond of the wheels on it and I’ve learned that I’m not the only one. My question is if I run a 20” wheel on my truck can I fit a 12.5x35 tire without modification? I’m itching to make it my own and just need pointed in the right direction. But I absolutely love this truck. Thanks
It depends on the offset. Stay in the plus offset size and you should be ok.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would stick to 17-18 personally. Everyone seems to forget, while raptors don’t get “good” gas mileage the factory 17”s w/ special C rated KO2s result in what I’m guessing is a pretty damn light 35” AT setup & that lower unsprung weight is what helps the raptor achieve decent mileage despite the lift, 4.10s, shit aero & 450hp

I’m coming from GM trucks, but it’s not uncommon for guys running even 20” wheel 33” tire combos to be going over 100 lbs a corner. Gas mileage plummets.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would stick to 17-18 personally. Everyone seems to forget, while raptors don’t get “good” gas mileage the factory 17”s w/ special C rated KO2s result in what I’m guessing is a pretty damn light 35” AT setup & that lower unsprung weight is what helps the raptor achieve decent mileage despite the lift, 4.10s, shit aero & 450hp

I’m coming from GM trucks, but it’s not uncommon for guys running even 20” wheel 33” tire combos to be going over 100 lbs a corner. Gas mileage plummets.

There is some truth to this. However, I went with the VenomRex(Vorsteiner) 601's in 20" and ET 12 (only 28.6 lbs) with a 35x12.5 and 2.5" of lift in the front and there has been absolutely no rub at all. I run the Nitto Ridge Grapplers and in 35x12.5R20 they are F-rated and 73.47 lbs each, which puts you around 103 lbs per corner. On the highway, I get around 17-18 mpg on the Hwy. About 15.5-15.8 mpg Combined.

However, if you go with the 295/65R20, it is an E-rated tire and gets you down to 69.41 lbs, and 98 lbs per corner, which may help a smidge.....

IMG_0714.jpg

Last edited: