Wheel Bearing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I noticed a dull rattle left side of the truck. I don't feel it in the wheel or the pedals but i can definitely hear it when the windows are up and no radio. It doesn't make noise that I can hear on large bumps, but over slight uneven pavement, I hear the dull rattle. Does this sound like a possible wheel bearing issue? Nothing has changed on my truck so the noise is odd. I replaced my sway bar end links about 4k miles ago. Any insight appreciated. @FordTechOne

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To close this thread out, since it’s so popular I’ll explain the resolution. Wasn’t the wheel bearing or anything else in the suspension. I put Alcon brakes on the front and they are awesome, however the driver side (where the noise was coming from) caliper bolts came loose causing the whole caliper to start to rattle. I didn’t put thread locker on the bolts originally, maybe the instructions called for it and I missed it? Anyway, I put some medium thread locker on there. Of course I did the same to the passenger side bolts but they were not loose.

EE6F03F7-0C96-45B8-B38A-4E707BB68944.jpeg

Attachments

• 3539DB05-EF0E-4F80-82A6-7EF93B38CA2A.jpeg
    3539DB05-EF0E-4F80-82A6-7EF93B38CA2A.jpeg
    214.6 KB · Views: 5