Wheel Bearing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mikehawncho

mikehawncho

Reaction score
On these trucks the hub assembly interfaces with the Integrated Wheel End (IWE). It is critical that the IWE is compressed with vacuum during hub installation to avoid damage to either component. Once the axle shaft is inserted into the wheel bearing, the threaded end needs to be measured for depth within the wheel bearing. It it's too shallow, the splines are not aligned and damage will occur. If CV depth is correct, the axle nut then needs to be torqued to 30 lb.ft. That is of course much lower than a typical axle nut torque spec, which is often 150-300 lb.ft.
Thank you for the explanation, much appreciated.

camillia

Reaction score
I just bought a 2018 with 60,000 miles on it and my front wheel hub is bad…. My mechanic shop let me know in a Ford raptor because of the constant off roading and super heavy front ends. Topically they should be looked at every 30,000 miles and replaced every 60k miles.

I have a very similar issue with my truck and shop needs as I have oil leaks all over as well.

Green95ss

Reaction score
As a data point, I had both front hubs/bearings replaced at 80k miles under Ford ESP warranty. it is a pavement only vehicle FYI

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
52,000 on a Gen 2 and both front wheel bearings are bad. Ford said the parts are backordered with no eta.
That's a bummer... I did mine myself but I used a motorcraft part since I didn't do both sides, only the failed driver side. If I were to do both sides, I would probably get the Moog assemblies https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08VRBBDWM/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

What year is your truck? Mine is an early 2018 and I used part number JL3Z-1104-K which seems to be readily available...

Last edited: