What's your preferred suspension / tire / wheel setup?

Ideal suspension / tire / wheel setup

• Stock suspension + tires

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Geiser/Eibach Springs, Deaver/Icon Leafs, 35" / 17" Tires /Wheels

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Geiser/Eibach Springs, Deaver/Icon Leafs, 35" / 20" Tires /Wheels

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Geiser/Eibach Springs, Deaver/Icon Leafs, 37" / 17" Tires /Wheels

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Geiser/Eibach Springs, Deaver/Icon Leafs, 37" / 20" Tires /Wheels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FerdFteen

Reaction score
I did some searches and found individual build threads but nothing centralized. From the build threads I've come across, the options in the poll seem to be the most common. I didn't include e.g. the Icon collar kit and figured it could be subbed in for the leveling springs in the poll options.

Guessing there will be a wide range of responses based on use (on road only, light off-road, etc.). Seems like the choice of 37" tires and/or 20" wheels is quite polarizing for some forum members; anyways, I'm just interested to see if there is a clear winner or responses are fairly evenly distributed.

Thanks!

TK85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the Geiser springs with Deaver+3. Now have the king 3.0 with deavers. I love the look of the factory bead locks and am not willing to sacrifice added weight by going with 37s especially with me not having higher rise fenders.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also do not plan to go with 37’s.

Edited
This is meant to mean that I do not plan to go to 37’s.

Last edited:

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Eibach springs, Deaver +3, RPG drop shackles, SVC bumpstops, and 37” on Method MR105 beadlocks.

OP
OP
F

FerdFteen

Reaction score
@TK85 Any reason in particular you opted for the upgrade from Geisers to all new coilovers?

@Slow6 are you saying you don't plan on 37's or recommending people in general don't run them?

@Wfo Have you noticed any issues re: spring rate on the Eibachs? I read some posts saying the rate was too high and Eibach may have adjusted it downward a bit. Also are you running the drop shackles to bring you back to +2 or some other reason

Thanks!

TK85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TK85 Any reason in particular you opted for the upgrade from Geisers to all new coilovers?

No particular reason. I wanted a new setup since I am going to be hitting the trails a lot more than expected so I figured I would upgrade and due to other reviews and adjustability I decided on the Kings

757Nomad

Reaction score
The 17in with 35's provide a ton of flexibility and sidewall give for off-roading but still feels soft and responsive on the road. I run methods with a leveling kit for now to avoid the offset rub. I may eventually move to Kings but for now, the truck feels great.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score

@Slow6 are you saying you don't plan on 37's or recommending people in general don't run them?

@Wfo Have you noticed any issues re: spring rate on the Eibachs? I read some posts saying the rate was too high and Eibach may have adjusted it downward a bit. Also are you running the drop shackles to bring you back to +2 or some other reason

Thanks!
I have all of the parts, waiting for spring to install. There is so much salt spread in upstate NY that without special coatings like Steel-it or bedliner everything will rust immediately. Eibach has lowered spring rate to just above oem. The drop shackles allow the leafs to have more articulation/droop travel. They lower height 1”

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks!
By no means would I tell someone not to run a certain size, that is one of the things I enjoy on this site. Everyone comes up with so many different ideas who am I to tell someone else what to do or not do. I’ve edited my post. It was late when I posted the comment. I don’t plan to run 37’s at this time.