What's your experience selling a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
leinad1904

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@leinad1904 I’ve tried autotrader in past for a multitude of vehicles. Have never gotten a bite selling on their site…ever. I’ve sold on 1. Forums 2. Craigslist 3. FB Marketplace. As an example, my Gen1 sold on this forum but I had a ton of folks that were in line on Facebook and Craigslist if the forum deal was to fall through. Don’t spend any more time on AT.
Thanks for the info! I'll try FB marketplace/Craigslist before jumping with the KBB cash offer.

Roc Nichols

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Craigslist sold my 2019 802A Hennessy Raptor in about 12 minutes. Some dealership in the Dallas area transferred money into my account and picked it up the next day. I jumped on a Level 2 TRX and so far its pretty nice ride. Still waiting to see what Ford is going to do.

OP
OP
leinad1904

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Craigslist sold my 2019 802A Hennessy Raptor in about 12 minutes. Some dealership in the Dallas area transferred money into my account and picked it up the next day. I jumped on a Level 2 TRX and so far its pretty nice ride. Still waiting to see what Ford is going to do.
Nice! Any regrets?

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dont think Auto Trader is the go-to source these days. I have sold lots of trucks through them, but just as may on CraigList TBH.
Number 1 reason that people will pass over your AD = PRICE.
The last month the car biz has slowed significantly and prices are a bit more realistic. If you have a truck on order, I would think the dealer would want your trade.

JJDRaptor

Reaction score
Autotrader was only good when people would buy the hard copies at the checkout lines in grocery stores.
I sold my 2017 in a day on CL. A dealer came to my bank with a cashiers check next day. Sold 2017 for 63.5 in April 21. Paid 57k for it in 2019.

Fireguy144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did KBB instant cash offer. Then shopped it around and got an additional thousand.
I had a ‘19 with 10k miles. 801 package with sunroof. Sold for $69k in May.
The worst part was waiting for the bank to release the title to the dealership to give me my big fat check. Took 45 days. US Bank is a B!

Also to touch on the market, you missed the prime time to sell and gen 3s are days away from getting here. Market for gen 2 is saturated but you still should come out ok.
You know... I can't believe people are waiting this long for the first gen 3. By the time they get their trucks, they will be a year old already.. Thats kind of screwed up..

OP
OP
leinad1904

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know... I can't believe people are waiting this long for the first gen 3. By the time they get their trucks, they will be a year old already.. Thats kind of screwed up..
The only reason I don’t mind is because there’s no other way to get one…lol. But I am not paying more than MSRP at all. The dealer is already making ~6k at MSRP and I basically did all the work

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Autotrader is a wait and see process, it takes a lot of hits before you see any movement but once you do it will sell. Could take a few months though.

Good Luck