What's your experience selling a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To those of you who have sold a Raptor in the past, what was your experience with the various selling options out there? I'm trying to sell my Gen2 on Autotrader but I have gotten 0 messages or calls about it and I have it posted right at KBB ($63 below actually). I would have expected to at least get offers for below what I posted it for by now since I posted almost a month ago.

So out of curiosity, how did you sell your Raptor??

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try Craigslist. I sold my old Gen 1 and Gen 2 on that site. They both sold within a couple weeks. Good luck.

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you try the instant(ish) offers from Vroom, Carvana, givemethevin.com, kbb.com and Carmax? Those at least get you a rough idea of where you should be. I feel the 2nd gen market is beyond its peak now with the 3rd gens shipping. How many miles, options on yours?

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with JasonSTL. The Gen2 market has been flooded with people selling their trucks to take advantage of the crazy market in preparations for getting Gen 3.

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
If you are wondering what the problem is, the problem is your price.
Apparently whatever it is, is above what the market is willing to pay......so it hasn't sold.

If your home has had zero views in a month of being for sale, what does that tell you?

yup, priced to high. no matter what YOU think the value is.

Last edited:

Ruckus08

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@leinad1904 I’ve tried autotrader in past for a multitude of vehicles. Have never gotten a bite selling on their site…ever. I’ve sold on 1. Forums 2. Craigslist 3. FB Marketplace. As an example, my Gen1 sold on this forum but I had a ton of folks that were in line on Facebook and Craigslist if the forum deal was to fall through. Don’t spend any more time on AT.

jroub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To those of you who have sold a Raptor in the past, what was your experience with the various selling options out there? I'm trying to sell my Gen2 on Autotrader but I have gotten 0 messages or calls about it and I have it posted right at KBB ($63 below actually). I would have expected to at least get offers for below what I posted it for by now since I posted almost a month ago.
So out of curiosity, how did you sell your Raptor??
I did KBB instant cash offer. Then shopped it around and got an additional thousand.
I had a ‘19 with 10k miles. 801 package with sunroof. Sold for $69k in May.
The worst part was waiting for the bank to release the title to the dealership to give me my big fat check. Took 45 days. US Bank is a B!

Also to touch on the market, you missed the prime time to sell and gen 3s are days away from getting here. Market for gen 2 is saturated but you still should come out ok.

fish710

Reaction score
Bought my 17’ screw in May 2020 for 46k fully loaded and put ~10k miles on it and sold in mar 2021 at carmax for 53k and it had a broken windshield which was gonna cost about 1k to replace cause the sensors or something, I think I sold at the perfect time though.

OP
OP
leinad1904

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did KBB instant cash offer. Then shopped it around and got an additional thousand.
I had a ‘19 with 10k miles. 801 package with sunroof. Sold for $69k in May.
The worst part was waiting for the bank to release the title to the dealership to give me my big fat check. Took 45 days. US Bank is a B!

Also to touch on the market, you missed the prime time to sell and gen 3s are days away from getting here. Market for gen 2 is saturated but you still should come out ok.
I have the title in hand so hopefully i don't have to wait 45 days lol. KBB cash offer is what I was leaning towards. Thanks for the info!