What's wrong with my Bluetooth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I found out why the SYNC bitch doesn't hear us...she obvioulsy needs her headphones adjusted!

pic_12357691511688.jpg

Nice cans.........(anyone in audio will chuckle)

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulling fuses isn't condoned by Ford and the Master Reset only seems to be working in our Service Department.... Hmmmm.... Thank you guys for the heads up, this will be a nice fix instead of taking the vehichle apart. The Master Reset has always worked for us, however, its been more time consuming. Thank you guys for your input, this is something I'll take up with my Service Director! THANKS!

Pulling the fuse for the Sync is EXACTLY what FORD Sync Techs told me to do on TWO different times I called into them for this problem.

This morning she even tried to walk me thru the screens to get to the MASTER reset button, but it wasn't there.... I now have all my screens EXCEPT my MEDIA screen, which apparently has been deleted. Push MEDIA, it goes to Radio screen. MEDIA screen is no more. Can I pull the fuse again? Sure.... but why? I'd rather take it in 2 more times for the same thing and get my $54k back.... cause the local guys aren't gonna move forward on the problem, they will only spray Air Freshener on it and call it a day :).... until I get the 3rd repair receipt

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your Ford dealer should be able to fix your problem on the first visit. I'm sure they're calling the Hot Line back to the factory/support in Dearborn, MI and those folks tap into the nerve center for SYNC. If you want to get it fixed and they're not doing the job for you you should call the Ford toll-free number - that should get you another path to having the problem fixed.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pulling the fuse for the Sync is EXACTLY what FORD Sync Techs told me to do on TWO different times I called into them for this problem.

This morning she even tried to walk me thru the screens to get to the MASTER reset button, but it wasn't there.... I now have all my screens EXCEPT my MEDIA screen, which apparently has been deleted. Push MEDIA, it goes to Radio screen. MEDIA screen is no more. Can I pull the fuse again? Sure.... but why? I'd rather take it in 2 more times for the same thing and get my $54k back.... cause the local guys aren't gonna move forward on the problem, they will only spray Air Freshener on it and call it a day :).... until I get the 3rd repair receipt

Your problem can't be fixed by a master reset. Your sync needs to be reprogramed.

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
77010.jpg

I pulled all mine out and made them look all pretty.

On a serious note, I had some funky things happen with my BT and HTC Hero. I'd turn on the BT and it would take about 5 minutes to connect to the sync, other times it takes 5 seconds to. I found just a reboot of the phone itself does the trick.

rightNut

Reaction score
After working fine for a while, my bluetooth took a poop with my iPhone 4. Over the course of several days, I tried rebooting my phone, re-pairing the device with sync, deleting all bluetooth devices on sync, master resetting sync, etc. I could not get it to pair. On my iPhone, it would show connected, while sync would just sit there like it didn't pair until it would announce that pairing failed.

Finally looked up this thread and yanked the number 2 fuse (with complete frustrated satisfaction) by the passengers feet, and...presto, works like a charm again.

Thanks fellas.

Trig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same problem with an iPhone 3GS. Did the master reset/reboot the phone. It worked for a while, but stopped. Tried it again, and it worked. It seemed to fail when I had the USB plugged in (to recharge the phone) and the BT hooked up. I stopped using the USB and just used a normal charger. It seems to work fine now. Has anyone else seen this?

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^ Pretty good theory...kicking BT off when hooked up to the USB. Haven't tried it but it makes some sense. Maybe it confuses the system having the phone connected in two differente manners at the same time.