What's wrong with my Bluetooth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
The first week, no problems making handsfree calls. Now I can't answer with the phone button on the wheel (hangs up) and after I say "call so-and-so" it freezes up. I don't think I changed anything.:confused:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
pull the fuse to your radio. everyone will come along offering cute ideas but hard reset is the way to go

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
and when it boots back up, delete your phone and re-sync it again

RIKU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Bluetooth does crazy things as well. Get this, when I go to my iPod which used to work perfectly it plays my cell phones alarm song. Can't access the iPod with or without the phone in the car. Gal at ford who sets Sync up for customers couldn't figure it out. They wanted me to leave my truck I wasn't having that as I needed it for a trip.

Curious about the fuse location

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not pull the fuse, I would delete the phone and re-sync it as a first try. This way you can eliminate the phone or a bad sync first. If I had to go to the point of pulling fuses I would be making the dealer replace the radio! Just my .02

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have the dealer reflash the system. It should get you all the newest SYNC updates, and will work like pulling the fuse out while leavingFord responsible if something goes wrong. It is under warranty after all :thumbsup:

TeamFordRaptor

Reaction score
As per Ford, DO NO PULL FUSES! For a hard reset, go to your Menu options and Find the Master Reset. Once the master reset has been done, turn the vehicle off, and disconnect the battery cable (Positive Terminal). With the battery terminal disconnected, stick the key in the ignition and turn it to on. After a few seconds, flick the key (don't hold it) to the start position and let it return to on. Leave the key alone for about a minute. Then remove the key, re-connect the battery and you're good to go!

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Aaron, agree that fuses should never blindly be pulled... +1