What's Up from Wilmington, NC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

docwells

Reaction score
Well, I've been lurking on this forum and Ford dealer lots for awhile and now I bit the bullet. I wasn't sure if I was ready to pull the trigger but had an accident on the way home from work that totaled my Toyota Tacoma. So decided it was a sign and stepped up to a 2018 Lead Foot Raptor fully loaded. It is different to go from a Tacoma to a Raptor after 20 years of Tacoma ownership but I'm adapting. Still trying to figure out all the bells and whistle but getting there.

Now just need to figure out the bed cover and auxiliary/fog lights (Baja Designs vs Rigid vs KC) to add to it. Those additions will hold me for awhile I think. Or maybe not.

IMG_1318.JPG IMG_1319.JPG IMG_1320.JPG

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF!

I’m glad you’re ok from the taco collision, and welcome to Raptor ownership.

Our supporting vendors here will be happy to get you into some aux lighting and they’re super helpful. Tell them what you’re looking to do with the truck and it will start you on the path to spending more and more and more money on fun things you can add to the Rap.

If you off Roaded the taco, you probably have some gear, but give it a look to ensure you have gear that will survive use on a near 6,000 pound truck.

OP
OP
D

docwells

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF!

I’m glad you’re ok from the taco collision, and welcome to Raptor ownership.

Our supporting vendors here will be happy to get you into some aux lighting and they’re super helpful. Tell them what you’re looking to do with the truck and it will start you on the path to spending more and more and more money on fun things you can add to the Rap.

If you off Roaded the taco, you probably have some gear, but give it a look to ensure you have gear that will survive use on a near 6,000 pound truck.

I am ok. Few minor injuries but nothing major.

I will check out the vendors and see what I can put together.
I am not sure any gear from my Taco would do well with this new beast I own.

JeffroMc

Reaction score
Welcome and Congrats! Glad to hear you’re ok. Lead Foot is a really great looking color! I may be partial since I recently purchased the same color. I know what you mean about the adjustment and learning about all the bells and whistles. I had a 2011 F150 for 8 years before the Raptor and a 2004 Tacoma for 7 years before the F150. Sharp looking already and good luck with the mods!

Steve_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats! Going from a Taco to a Raptor is a big change for sure, pun intended.

Looks like Rigid has a new series that just dropped I need to research, but Baja Designs are very impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, I've been lurking on this forum and Ford dealer lots for awhile and now I bit the bullet. I wasn't sure if I was ready to pull the trigger but had an accident on the way home from work that totaled my Toyota Tacoma. So decided it was a sign and stepped up to a 2018 Lead Foot Raptor fully loaded. It is different to go from a Tacoma to a Raptor after 20 years of Tacoma ownership but I'm adapting. Still trying to figure out all the bells and whistle but getting there.

Now just need to figure out the bed cover and auxiliary/fog lights (Baja Designs vs Rigid vs KC) to add to it. Those additions will hold me for awhile I think. Or maybe not.

View attachment 139878 View attachment 139879 View attachment 139880

Congratulations!
I actually just did a video comparing the Rigid Industries Lights VS the Baja Designs lights side by side. It may help you decide which you like the most.

We can also help you with your bed covers and many more items. In fact, I have 3 brand new Covers we took out of the box for video and photos that can be purchased at an extremely discounted price. So if you’d like to see the options available with those or others, shoot me a PM or a text to- 317-93- GO-SPV

You can visit our site to look at several options or again, reach out and I can direct you to specific links or items.
We offer our Raptor Forum Member's a special discount code for most items and we also offer our military and first responders special pricing.

Spvparts.com

The first video is the compare of Baja and Rigid

The next one is the new Rigid 360 series kit

The next is the 360 Radiance Kit-

The next video compares 3 top bed covers. Some are available with that special deal.